Posting Title : Field Pharmacutical Services Officer - Field Office Jerusalem - Internal and external candidates - Fixed term, Grade, HL
Job Code Title : Field Pharmacutical Services Officer
Department/ Office : UNRWA - Programme Health - West Bank
Duty Station : FO West Bank
Posting Period : 8 April 2022 - 21 April 2022
Job Opening number : 22-MED-UNRWA - Programme Health-178932-R-FO West Bank (R)
Staffing Exercise : N/A
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
The incumbent is responsible to the Deputy Chief, Field Health Programme.
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Directs, plans, supervises, monitors and evaluates the operations of the pharmaceutical services and ordering and distribution of the medical supplies in the Field;
- Advises his/her supervisor on medical supplies and pharmaceutical matters; is responsiblefor quantifying, ordering, technically evaluating and distributing medical supplies in coordination with the Division Heads at Health Programme; maintains the Agency's cold chain system and proper storage of medical supplies.
- Monitors the operation and administration of the dispensaries at all Health Centers according to standard approved checklists and administration including stock reports; (D)Undertakes regular supervisory visits to UNRWA Health Centers in the Field; ensures the implementation of the strategies, technical instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures of the Health Programme;
(E)Checks, analyses and evaluates prescribing practices to ensure the efficiency of services provided; provides technical guidance on medical supplies and equipment and pharmaceutical services to relevant health staff in the Field;
(F)Assumes primary responsibility for the quality assurance of medical supplies to ensure conformity with the Agency's specifications; arranges for quality control testing as required;
(G)Coordinates the medical supplies operation in coordination with the Procurement and
Logistics Department and other departments;
(H)Plans, organizes, implements, monitors and evaluates the in-service training activities of Pharmaceutical Staff;
(I)Conducts health studies relevant to the Agency's medical supplies and pharmaceutical services and activities;
(J)Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
You will be requested to demonstrate the following competencies:
(i)Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
(ii)Excellent communication and negotiation skills, sound judgment and problem-solving skills;
(iii)Supervisory skills and ability to develop staff and demonstrated ability to organize and implement training programmes;
(iv)Proficiency in UNRWA standard computer applications with specific focus on Health Information System;
(v)Knowledge and skills in basic supply and financial procedures;
(vi)Knowledge of WHO guidelines on quality assurance of medical supplies in the international commerce.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
(i)A university degree in pharmacy or other related discipline; (ii)A valid license to practice pharmacy in Palestine.
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy or Public Health ;
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical laws and regulations in the county of duty station;(C) Knowledge of accounting, storekeeping and supply procedures;
Job Specific Qualifications
At least six years experience required in pharmacy services, three of which should have been at supervisory level in administration of the medical supply operation.
Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
لن يتم النظر في أي معلومة يتم ارسالها بعد تقديم هذا الطلب، لذلك تأكد أن جميع المعلومات في طلبالوظيفة كاملة وصحيحة من حيث الدرجة العلمية (مثلا بكالوريوس/ماجستير/دبلوم) وجميع الخبرات منحيث تاريخ البداية والنهاية، والمسمى الوظيفي ، وجميع الوظائف في تاريخك المهني،وطبيعة العقد( دوام
جزئي أو كامل )مع التأكيد أن يتم ذكر كامل خبراتك العملية والاكاديمية في القسم المخصص لذلك Work Experience خانةخانة Education حيث أن اضافة خبراتك في أي مكان اخر في طلب الوظيفة لن يكون كافيا ولن يتم اعتماده
الرجاء الاضطلاع على المرفق في أعلى هذا الاعلان
View this Job Posting in Arabic (Common mistakes)
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
- Conditions of service
Monthly basic salary USD2,750.10, payable in JD at UN monthly exchange rate, plus an allowance of 1000 NIS payable in JD at UNRWA rate.
Other benefits include:
- Provident Fund contribution (15.2% of basic salary paid by the Agency).
- Dependency allowances (if applicable).
- 30 days of annual leave.
- Compulsory medical insurance.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below