The Bethlehem Arab Society for Rehabilitation (BASR) is a non-profit non-government organization that is nationally recognized for its comprehensive specialized inclusive health, rehabilitation and development programs and for its services rendered to the Palestinian population, particularly persons with disabilities. BASR offers services through its varied centre-based, outreach and community-based programs. For further information about BASR, please visit www.basr.org.
BASR is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title: Field Occupational Therapist
Location: Beit Jala with frequent travels to disadvantaged local communities in the West Bank
Accountable To: Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Program Manager
Contract: full-time one-year contract with possibility of extension.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Assist the mobile multidisciplinary rehabilitation team in providing professional support and guidance for persons with disabilities, their families, caregivers, community workers, health and education professionals and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the mobile multidisciplinary rehabilitation team access to persons with disabilities, conduct professional assessments and needs identification using approved tools and formats, and develop individual and group intervention plans in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that developed individual and group intervention plans align with quality standards, right based and inclusive development perspectives and that family members, disability workers and professionals follow them up regularly.
- Offer awareness-raising and rehabilitation sessions on different disability-related topics for beneficiaries, and their caregivers through home-based visits and online support.
- Build the capacity of the caregivers, disability workers and professionals on how to deal with the different needs of people with different types of disabilities/difficulties in consultation with the CBR team and other relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor the progress achieved in the quality of lives of beneficiaries on individual and community levels through regular support and follow up, and in constant coordination with the CBR teams and local stakeholders.
- Support local individuals and organizations to create networks, and mobilise local resources and implement various interventions that promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities in tier communities.
- Facilitate referrals of the beneficiaries to service providers upon their needs in consultation with the CBR team and disability professionals.
- Offer assistive devices assessments, identification and provision, training and maintenance services for persons with physical disabilities.
- Evaluate the accessibility measures in the homes of persons with disabilities, and public premises and identify the needed adaptations following the accredited quality standards.
- Document daily work achievements on the CBR program online database and ensure that data is entered and revised on time.
- Write technical reports for each beneficiary and meet reporting requirements based on the approved timeline and format.
- Participate in capacity-building activities and regular staff meetings.
- B.Sc in Occupational Therapy from a recognized university.
- A valid professional license from the Ministry of Health.
- At least two years of professional experience preferably in the local communities.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Ability to cope with stress and work pressure.
- Strong communication and reporting skills in Arabic and English.
- Strong computer skills.
- A valid driving license is preferable.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience. Email your application to [email protected] no later than 20 June 2020. Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or are received after the closing date, will not be eligible.
Applications from candidates with disabilities are especially welcome, and women are encouraged to apply.
All applications will be handled in strict confidence.