Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non-governmental organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in Child protection & education, development and institution building, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery. Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community.
Bayader in partnership with Catholic Relief Services CRS, starts to implement Envision Gaza 2020 Project (USAID-funded project) which aims to create a path for vulnerable populations in Gaza (including youth, women, and other marginalized groups) to become more resilient and self-reliant by (1) providing basic humanitarian assistance to extremely vulnerable households in the form of food and non-food items, and (2) increasing employment opportunities through short-term employment in the form of cash-for-work, cash-for-internship and cash-for apprenticeship, minor capital investments, and job training.
Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Title: Field Monitor (FM) - Full-Time
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Period: 9 months with possible extension
Reports to: Project Coordinator (PC).
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the supervision, follow-up and monitoring of program activities in the field as assigned by the PC.
- Introduce and represent the project in the target communities by establishing strong community links.
- Coordinate the daily progress of the program activities and provide regular on-site supervision of activities implementation.
- Conduct regular field visits to the beneficiaries.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders and undertake monitoring activities.
- Contribute to the development of program work plans.
- Contribute to the identification of potential difficulties and determining means of lessening or avoiding them.
- Documenting all program phases.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in, business administration, Social workers, education or related field.
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible work experience in similar position.
- Significant experience working on humanitarian assistance, livelihoods projects required.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop progress reports.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural).
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send the following documents to following email:
- Cover letter.
- The most recent CV including 2 professional contacts as references.
Kindly state in the email subject “Field Monitor”, any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered.
Deadline for submitting applications is 04:00 PM, November 27, 2017.
Bayader has an equal rights employer, thus we encourage qualified women and qualified persons with disabilities to apply to this vacancy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Envision Gaza 2020 is funded by the U.S. International Development Agency (USAID) and implemented by Catholic Relief Services in partnership with Bayader for Environment & Development Association (Bayader).