MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a:
Field Manager, Gaza Base (1 Position)
Type: Full Time Contract
Duration of the contract: 12 months including 3 months' probation period, with a possibility of extension based on performance and fund availability.
Job Location: Based in Gaza city, with possible travels within the West Bank and Jerusalem.
Deadline: 25th May 2023
Reports to: Country Coordinator
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been oriented to Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS), and Primary Healthcare. In the Gaza Strip, MdM-S strategy aims the improvement of mental health and wellbeing of children and adolescents. This intervention is focused on the strengthening of governmental children and adolescent’s mental health services, and community organizations working with children and adolescents through a capacity building approach. This includes training activities and materials and equipment’s provision.
The objective of this position is to: supervise the overall field team in the Gaza Strip and ensure close collaboration between the different departments. Ensure smooth implementation and follow-up of MdM projects in the Gaza Strip, according to project proposal including budget and activities monitoring and coordination with relevant stakeholders Responsible for the security of the team in addition to assess continuously the humanitarian and security situation in the field and timely inform the Country coordinator.
ORGANIZATION CHART :
The Field Manager reports directly to the Country Coordinator.
- Strategic Alignment
- Ensuring our actions are consistent with Medicos del Mundo Spain’s policies, mission, ethical principles and values.
- Integrating and assuring Medicos del Mundo initiatives and Humanitarian Action strategies are consistent and suggest inputs for advocacy.
- Consolidate current alliances and partnerships and identify future ones.
- Implement MdM Palestine Strategic plan in Palestine at the base level.
- Carry out representation with other NGOs, UN agencies, local government bodies, donors and other relevant parties with the agreement of the Country Coordinator
- Participate on a regular basis to all relevant meetings and be collaborative and build a strong relationship with all partners working in the area. Report to Country Coordinator
- When relevant and with the Country Coordinator approval, represent MdM to donors, authorities, NGOs and other parties as necessary.
- Represent MdM in advocacy actions upon request of the Country Coordinator.
- Base Management
- Ensure adequate information flow within the different teams
- Oversee and coordinate the general functioning of the bases and all departments / services
- Create/maintain a “team spirit” within the different departments and amongst the staff
- Ensure good collaboration, mutualization, coordination and analysis with other projects if needed
- Provide good working conditions for all team members
- Train/Mentor the direct team members in their duty
- Contribute to the definition / revision of MDM strategy in Gaza, draw up scenarios and proposals, and support the budget creation/revision for future/new activities in collaboration with the coordination team and relevant departments.
- Project management
- Ensuring the achievement of projects aims and outcomes
- Planning and implementing the projects in coordination with local actors.
- Supervising and evaluating the activities continuity and establishing the required reorientation to meet the needs if necessary
- Identifying and designing new proposals.
- Ensuring all activities are documented, sources of verification for all activities are kept, organized and well managed, and prepare and send monitoring reports and justification reports to donors.
- Ensure quality and timely internal reporting.
- Ensure familiarity with donors’ compliance issues, ensuring all projects are acquiescent with these and MdM procedures
- Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments and act as a mediator when necessary.
- Responsible for accurate budget control and financial forecasts and needs at the project site in line with project proposal, report any concern and develop plans to mitigate under or over expenditures.
- Support on Human Resources Management in coordination with Admin/HR Department.
- Contribute to the definition of TOR of the project's national personnel, specifying their functions, and ensuring clarity in the distribution of tasks and coordination amongst team members.
- Where relevant, contribute to recruitment and selection of staff.
- Responsible for the disciplinary and grievance procedures of the national team under his/her line management with the support of the Country Coordinator.
- Maintain good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics, and take suitable action when problems occur.
- Support team members professionally and monitor and support stress management, including regular documented team meetings for planning and reporting purposes.
- Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, and departing team members are debriefed.
- Responsible for capacity building and training of national personnel in collaboration with technical coordinators.
- Make sure the team security and safety are ensured in accordance with MDM security plan & rules.
- Ensure security surveillance in a highly changeable and volatile environment in collaboration with the coordination team and timely report to the Country Coordinator.
- Proactively monitor the political, military and security situation in the project areas and update the Country Coordinator accordingly.
- Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to, and regularly reviewed, in collaboration with Log, Admin and Country Coordinator accordingly.
- Ensure timely and accurate security / incident reports are sent to the Country Coordinator.
- Translate from Arabic to English and English to Arabic when necessary.
- Search information in terms of field conditions when requested by the Admin & Finance Manager or the General Coordinator.
- Attend meetings with projects partners upon the request of the Admin & Finance Manager or General Coordinator.
- To attend team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- To maintain good professional relationships with national and international partners.
- To contribute to the update of emergency plans with the MdM-S team.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the General Coordinator/ Admin & Finance Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Academic: University degree or diploma.
- Masters in International Cooperation / Public Health / Humanitarian Aid is desirable.
- Other: Project management and Human Resources
Work experience/ Professional background
- Experience of minimum 3 years with an international NGO working in emergency contexts, managing projects, preferably within the health sector.
- Previous experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing staff)
- Experience of security management at the field site level is an asset.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office
- Ability to cope with difficult security context.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with MdM-S target groups.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as letters and reports.
- Excellence in organizing, planning, and prioritizing tasks.
- Coordination ability to perform his/her duties as part of a team.
- Task independency but also open to receive feedback and technical support.
- Ability to identify strengths/weaknesses, proposing solutions for the improvement of the services provided.
- Ability to provide trainings. Familiarity with creative methodologies will be considered.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to work in an international environment.
- Resilient, empathetic and with affective responsibility.
Fluent speaking and writing English, native Arabic.
Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Compensation package :
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts will apply.
The compensation package total is from 91,200 ILS to 104,400 ILS gross/ year divided on 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, MdM Spain covers a transportation allowance for the staff.
APPLICATION AND PROCEDURES
People interested in the position must send their CV with 2 references and Cover letter in English to [email protected] before May, 25, 2023 Please reference the job title as Field Manager/GAZA in the subject line of your Email.
Deadline for receiving the application is May. 25 2023
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified
Medicos del Mundo stands for equal opportunities for everyone. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional or social diversity and/or cultural exclusion, belong to groups that are underrepresented in the positions we offer. Therefore, no candidate with a valid profile will be rejected for functional diversity or for being culturally or socially excluded due to birth, ethnicity, sex, gender or any other personal, social, or cultural condition”.
Médicos del Mundo promotes internal careers.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
We thank all candidates for their interest to MDM.