JOB POSTING – Field Facilitator
CLOSING DATE: May 28, 2019
ORGANIZATION: Right To Play – Palestine
POSITION REFRENCE: RTP/FF – WB /2019
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 3
WORK LOCATION: Ramallah, Palestine
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than 1.9 million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children. Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
The MAÁN /TOGETHER project: Towards Gender – Responsive and Empowering Education for Girls and Boys in the West Bank and Gaza is a five years project. The Project will address barriers to quality education for Palestinian Refugee children in UNRWA schools in the WB and Gaza by providing primary teachers, physical education teachers, and school counsellor with skills to support children’s learning and psychosocial wellbeing. Child centered interventions will be integrated into teaching practices, both in and out of schools, and will result in improved quality of education foe children. The Project will offer safer and more inclusive school environments for girls and boys in UNRWA schools by rehabilitating play spaces and school WASH facilities.
Visit us at www.righttoplay.com.
The Field Facilitator reports directly to the Project Officer (PO) and is responsible for the implementation of Right To Play project activities and providing support and guidance to the community team in using RTP tools in the project location. He/she is also responsible for monitoring the project for quality of delivery and effectiveness.
Job Responsibility #1: Activity planning and implementation (45% of Time):
- Ensures participation of partners, children/young people and stakeholders in the process of project planning and implementation of the proposed activities.
- Supports Coaches and Coach Trainers in developing their activity plans and schedules, encourages their initiatives while ensuring alignment with project proposal, facilitates their activities and reports to the PO.
- Organizes and conducts special events activities, play days and sports tournaments.
- In coordination with partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers, evaluates events, provides updates of lessons learned and best practices and reports on progress and challenges as they arise.
- Manages the logistical arrangements for training workshops and events.
- Assesses training needs of Coach Trainers, Coaches, Junior Leaders, teachers and partners, recommends the suitable intervention and works with them to develop training schedules.
- Organizes and facilitates training workshops conducted by other program staff and participates in the training as required.
- Facilitates the training sessions conducted by Coach Trainers, evaluates them and reports to the PO.
- Handles equipment management and distribution in the assigned community.
- Handles advance payments and manages cash money used for the activity implementation.
- Follows up on how partners are spending budget received for project implementation in the location and verifies the accuracy of their financial reports and receipts and reports to the PO.
- Assesses needs for facility repairs and upgrades in the community, facilitates the authorized work and ensures that overall work has been completed in accordance with the approved standards.
Job Responsibility #2: Monitoring and reporting: (20% of Time):
- Conducts regular field visits with partners, Coach Trainers and Coaches to follow up and provide support as needed.
- Participates in workshops/training to partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers in the quantitative data collection tools and qualitative monitoring tools and ensures accurate and timely submission of quantitative and qualitative data to RTP team.
- Provides narrative, qualitative and quantitative monitoring information/data to support monthly, quarterly and annual reports to update Country and Regional Office on project progress.
- Submits financial reports related to activity implementation.
- Ensures partners and coaches are in compliance with child safeguarding policy.
Job Responsibility #3: Establish and maintain partnerships (20%):
- Identifies community needs, participates in the selection of communities and partners to be included in RTP program in the respective field.
- Represents RTP in the project location and relevant forums and have regular consultations with local partners, stakeholders and key beneficiaries in the assigned community.
Job Responsibility #4: Supervision and guidance (10% of Time):
- Conducts performance assessment of Coach Trainers and Coaches and recommends incentives based on the approved incentive criteria.
- In collaboration and consultation with partners, PO and the Training Officer implements a coach incentive system
- In collaboration and consultation with partners identifies potential coaches who can become Coach Trainers.
- Recommends Coach Trainers and Coaches for certification.
Job Responsibility #5: Perform other duties (5% of Time):
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, adult education or any related discipline.
2 years’ experience working in project implementation and facilitation part of which should have been in leading a team
- Ability to confidently represent oneself and Right To Play
- Effective planning and organizing skills
- Coaching and feedback skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong development and team building skills
- Understanding of adult education principles
- Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet
- Effective report writing
- Understanding of a community-led process
- Understanding of the concept of sport for development
- Understanding of child rights and child protection
Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Experience implementing a development program with local populations in both rural and urban settings
- Experience in training, leading workshops and teaching
- Personal sport and activity background with coaching experience
- Holds a valid driver’s license
Employment Start Date: July 2019
Contract Duration: One year to be renewed
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits packag
المسمى الوظيفي Field Facilitator
آخر موعد للتقديم 28 - May - 2019
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
[email protected] and kindly include the “Position Reference” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Right To Play
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة