Main tasks and Responsibilities
She/he will be responsible for the following Activities:
- In charge of and supervisor of all the detailed planning and design of the technical activities, including the proper conduction of field visits and elaboration of the Work Plans for any given activity.
- Follow up the daily field works, including supervising the works implemented either by people or contractors.
- Checking the delivered materials to be in compliance with technical specifications.
- Measuring the exact executed works and reporting that to technical coordinator and project manager.
- First responsible in the elaboration of BoQ for any given activity, including the financial planning of the related expenses and the assurance of consistency between the initial identified costs and the final actual expenses for any given activity (acceptable margin 10%).
- In charge of the specific BoQ of any Tender and MoU elaborated within the Projects scope, under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- In charge of the Plan for GIS mapping of the communities, in line with WeWORLD methodology and procedures, as well as assuring the timely production of the GIS maps for any given community, under the supervision of the Project manager and in coordination with Information Manager.
- Preparing contracts, commencement letters, correspondences and handover documents.
- Preparing and approving payments for suppliers, contractors and beneficiaries.
- Reporting and bookkeeping for all correspondences and related documents.
- Activities cost control, forecasting, quantity survey and keep update with market prices and fluctuation.
- Filling registers and forms according to the project procedures and guidelines
- Preparation of work plan, risk analysis and mitigation measures.
- Designing, modelling, drawing and preparing tender documents for different activities including water and sanitation utilities.
- Participating in projects pre and post monitoring and evaluation, indicators verification, and achieving the project’s objectives and goals.
- Participating in new projects identification, including field survey work, cost estimation, drafting concepts, indicators and maps.
- Work under the direct supervision of the international Project Staff and in strict co-operation with all the other project staff and partners’ staff.
Communication and coordination:
- Participate in meetings as required, representing Weworld and feeding back to the Project Manager and Area Manager on relevant issues.
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive
communication structures with the assigned project staff, and the Project
Manager as well as other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries,
community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and
other NGOs), with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and
- Maintain concurrent, timely, efficient and supportive communication with the
relevant staff in the HQ.
- Deliver high quality results in line with WeWORLD strategy to do this in a way which
maintains the reputation of the organization into all coordination and other
- Comply with WeWORLD policies and practice with respect to code of conduct,
safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- To perform other responsibilities as agreed with the line management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Experience, and skills
- BSc. Civil engineering from accredited university with 2 years proven experience.
- Experience in filed works and liaison with local communities and beneficiaries.
- Knowledge of WASH activities as water resources management, water supply schemes, and sanitation.
- Knowledge of contract conditions, subcontract documents, drawings, specifications, and surveying instruments.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as proposals, guidelines, procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Professional knowledge in MS office, AutoCad, MS Project, water and wastewater modelling software.
- Professional knowledge of GIS.
- Valid driving license (Ability to drive manual gear cars is preferable).
- Highly organized and able to work respecting deadlines, team work and under pressure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and resolutions.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, self-learning, management, sense of communication and coordination. responsibility, leadership,
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Ability to work independently.
Interested candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] in English indicating in the subject "Field Engineer - South"
Deadline to send applications: September 24th 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and incomplete applications will not be considered.