Gaza Household WASH Activity
Position: Field Engineer (3)
Location: Gaza Strip
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Field Engineer for a USAID-funded Household WASH program in Gaza. The three-year program will improve human health, environmental health and livelihoods in vulnerable communities by increasing access to facilities and services for safe domestic water and improved sanitation. Priorities include: 1) Providing durable solutions to vulnerable communities, such as the establishment, extension or rehabilitation of water distribution networks and sanitation systems at the household and neighborhood levels; and 2) Increasing emergency WASH preparedness interventions to mitigate and reduce rainwater and sewage flooding risks in vulnerable communities.
The Field Engineer specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical input and support Engineering Fellows and supervise contractors to ensure adherence to technical standards.
- Conduct day-to-day field visits and submit daily updates and weekly written reports to the area engineer.
- Supervise the implementation of water, wastewater and storm water networks
- Assist in developing detailed bills of quantities (BOQ), drawings and specifications for civil and water infrastructure ion works based on assessment and program requirements.
- Proactively participate in sample/material inspection/evaluation committees to ensure that all materials match the quality specifications as detailed in the BoQ.
- Assist in ensuring that variations are approved by the Area Engineers according to the organization’s procedures before giving work order to the contractor.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports and filed visit reports to the Area Engineers of critical points of the construction/rehabilitation works.
- Validate the progress and quality of work of the contractors, and coordinate with procurement and logistics in coordination with Area Engineers to ensure their payments are done on time.
- Responds to and records beneficiary WASH technical/hardware feedback and complaints at field level
- Facilitate the water quality testing in the field.
- Prepare site documentation such as daily reports, work permissions, site instructions etc.
- Ensure the health and safety of all people in construction sites and compliance with HSE construction requirements
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Water Engineering or any other relevant field;
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in supervising water and sanitation projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience in preparing Bill of Quantity (BOQ) and budgets.
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate adequate English language proficiency (reading, writing and speaking)
المسمى الوظيفي Field Engineer (3)
آخر موعد للتقديم 26 - Oct - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
To apply for the position listed above, please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Tuesday October 26, 2021, indicating the position title and location. Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة مؤسسة مجتمعات عالمية - مؤسسة CHF الدولية
رام الله والبيرة
Area Engineers (2)
Senior MEL Specialist
Public Health Specialist
Social Inclusion Specialist
Chief of Party
20, Mar, 2018
Senior MEL Specialist
20, Mar, 2018