QADER for Community Development is a non-profit organization based in Bethlehem that has been operating in Palestine since in 2008. QADER is dedicated to promoting better well-being of persons with disabilities (PwD) in Palestine, through influencing public policies, developing capacities of relevant stakeholders, promoting public awareness and inclusive community practices, and enhancing economic inclusion of PwD.
Within its Economic Empowerment Program, QADER is implementing the “Prosperity & Advancement for Young Women and Youth with Disabilities (SALALEM)” project in partnership with Catholic Relief Services as the lead implementing organization and with the funding of Global Affairs Canada. “SALALEM” is an innovative, five-year project that focuses on improving the skills and professional networks of young women and youth with disabilities, enabling them to enter and remain in the labor market. This project further seeks to build support from key influencers in the home, workplace, and community, creating and enabling environment in which young women and youth with disabilities realize increased agency and self-reliance. Through SALALEM, these marginalized individuals in Gaza and the West Bank will become better prepared for jobs, with opportunities to contribute to the well-being of their families and communities. QADER is implementing the project in the West Bank and focusing on youth with disabilities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Field Coordinator works within a field team under the supervision of Field Team Leader, and is responsible for carrying out the field activities of the project and ensuring that beneficiaries, employers, and other stakeholders are identified and engaged in timely fashion, in addition to supporting the implementation of activities of the project as per the detailed implementation plan (DIP).
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct sound coordination, implementation, and monitoring of field work activities of the project, and ensure implementation schedules are met as per the detailed implementation plan (DIP), while maintaining adherence to QADER and CRS systems for quality project management.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders and community representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Liaise with key stakeholders for identifying potential beneficiaries among PwD, and ensure that eligibility criteria and selection process and methodology are satisfied, and conduct home visits to candidate beneficiaries upon need while complying with documentation and reporting procedures and requirements.
- Liaise with private sector enterprises, civil society organizations and local authorities for identifying potential employers with available positions for job placement / internships / apprenticeship of beneficiaries.
- Provide support to the project team for the development of communication materials, advocacy, preparation of position papers, policy papers, strengthening coalitions and networks, production of awareness materials, etc.
- Support the documentation of learnings and innovations promoted by QADER, CRS, partners and other actors in the area of economic empowerment (lessons learned, best practices, methodologies, approaches, success stories, etc.)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum BA in business administration, social sciences, or any other related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in livelihoods and economic empowerment projects. Previous experience in working with youth with disabilities is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in livelihoods, youth economic empowerment. Experience in labor market inclusion of PwD is a plus.
- Experience in M&E, learning and knowledge sharing
- Excellent coordination and networking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Interested candidates may apply, and submit their CVs/Resumes in addition to a Cover Letter (not less than 200 words, clarifying how your qualifications and personal specifications meet the job requirements) in PDF form, via QADER's online application form on the following link Field Coordinator
Deadline for applying for this post is Sunday 20/09/2020.
“QADER is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities, women, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek QADER’s support on the application process where additional accommodation is required”
Should you need any support on the application process, please communicate with us via phone: 02-2749767