The Business Women Forum (BWF) is a national non-profit association established in 2006, to help “strengthen the role of businesswomen as leaders in the Palestinian economy through advocacy, networking, and the provision of business services”. Since its establishment, BWF’s relevance as a voice for women entrepreneurs within the Palestinian business community has increased substantially through designing and implementing a series of targeted interventions.
The Business Women Forum-Palestine is one of the partners implementing the project “Women and Youth Entrepreneurs Leading Change”, or OBADER, funded by the Global Affairs of Canada (GAC). The OBADER project will be implemented over a 4-year period (April 2018-2022) by CARE in South and central West Bank and Gaza, in collaboration with the Business Women’s Forum (BWF), Birzeit University’s Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), Save Youth Future society (SYFS), and the Small Enterprise Centre (SEC). OBADER is planning to enhance the economic empowerment and increase the prosperity of low-income women and female and male youth as entrepreneurs and employees in central (including Nablus) and south of West Bank and Gaza (WBG).
Within the framework of OBADER, BWF will be targeting women led enterprises (small-medium) and women cooperatives to enhance their agency and business opportunities to successfully establish, sustain, or grow a sustainable business in embroidery/handicrafts, food processing/agribusiness, and non-traditional enterprises.
BWF seeks experienced and committed professional for the following position, located in Ramallah.
Main Responsibilities is to oversee, coordinate and implement projects activities in order to achieve the desired results within the set time frames and efficiently utilizing the resources available. The Project coordinator will be responsible to:
- In cooperation with Project Manager, ensure the implementation of all project activities.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to develop and finalize selection criteria of the beneficiaries, and needs assessment.
- Provide targeted women entrepreneurs in WB with business development and market oriented support and guidance in implementing their developed business and operational plans.
- Maintain direct contacts with partners, beneficiaries, and main stakeholders on implementation progress.
- Design, guide and actively contribute to promotion & marketing events to promote the products of the women enterprises.
- Support the organization of exchange visits and marketing events.
- Prepare and ensure that narrative and financial reporting and other requirements relating to contract management are met in line with donor agreements.
- Draft terms of reference (TOR) and agreements for project related consultancies (e.g. those relevant to capacity building, business modeling, business development assessments, consultants or trainers, evaluators, etc.
- Coordinate with the partners’ team, CARE and BWF staff in work related to the project.
- Liaises, coordinates, and collaborates with other representatives of ministries and respective village councils and authorities through the provision of information about the project and project activities.
- Ensure that relevant data and information on the project outputs, indicators and impacts are collected.
- Conduct field visits to different project’s location and meet with beneficiaries/partners/community reps to make sure that all related business development activities are implemented in a best way and according to the plans.
- Identify and prepare success stories, videos, photos and case studies.
- Collect relevant monitoring data and engage in needs assessment and data analysis.
- Prepare weekly plans and other reports required by the Project Manager.
- Follow up on monitoring indicators in close collaboration with Project Manager.
- Any other work-related tasks as assigned by the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in business administration or related fields.
- Practicing the empowerment of MSMEs and CBOs/cooperatives to improve their livelihood.
- In depth knowledge of women economic empowerment programs and approaches.
- Good knowledge in Gender transformative approaches.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project coordination and working with local communities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (Arabic & English).
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet.
- Ability to travel to the targeted areas of the project. Driving License is a plus.
- Strong team play and collaboration skills.
- Considerable knowledge of sound business procedures including sales and marketing.
Interested individuals should submit their CVs to the email address [email protected] titled Field Coordinator Vacancy.
Deadline for submitting applications is Wednesday Nov. 21, 2018. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews.