Field Agronomist of Food Security, Livelihoods and Development (FSL&D)department:
Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six Day War. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Field Agronomist.
Contract Period: 12 months, with possibility of extension(s).
Location:Beit Jala Municipality premises.
Starting date: No later than 15 June 2019.
The agronomist will be responsible for supervision, on field coordination, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of the project titled “Enhancement of Food Security and Livelihoods through the agro ecology practices and systems and the preservation of Al-Makhrour area in Beit Jala as agricultural lands”the project includes (land reclamation and rehabilitation including (removing rocks, land levelling, land tillage), land fencing, land terracing, supplying plastic tanks, planting, building raised beds using agro-ecology practices, and following up with workshops & technical training courses and other soft components; as well as ensuring adherence to Caritas Jerusalem and donor guidelines and standards. He/she reports to the FSL&D head of department & the technical consultant.
In addition, he / she will supervise / support the tasks and activities conducted by the community mobilizers, assisting the Head of FSL&D department in his tasks and reporting directly to him, keep track of the project activities according to the logical framework and the timetables. In the same context, he / she will assist in formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of the project to ensure sustainability, efficiency and effectiveness of the project, as well as delivery and accomplishment of project goals and objectives.
- Conduct regular field visits and supervision of the project implementation activities;
- Supervise on daily basis the skilled and unskilled workers and contractors;
- Supervise and guide suppliers and the workforce;
- Assist in coordinating all phases “initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation, and closure of FSL&D projects. This includes data collection and analysis needed to design projects;
- Participate in drafting projects documents such as official communications letters, Term of References, project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows and schedules;
- Write and submit the required reports related to the implemented projects;
- Coordinate internally with Caritas staff to ensure smooth implementation of activities planned;
- Coordinate externally with beneficiaries and other stakeholders participating to the strategy project as needed to ensure the designed methodology implementation;
- Ensure timely data collection and filing of documents related to above activities;
- Responsible of the monitoring of the set-up M&E plan;
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the Head of FSL&D department.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required education and competencies:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Agronomy;
- 3-5 years of experience working in the agricultural sector preferably with NGOs;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Agro ecological tools and practices;
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office software, email, internet, spreadsheets;
- Good diagnostic and decision making skills;
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision;
- Willingness and skills to work as a team member;
- Great attention to detail and a result driven approach.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Arabic and English skills speaking, reading and writing.
- Candidates must have a valid driving license.
- Preference will be given to Bethlehem area residents.
Please note that candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected] and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, 2nd of June 2019, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.