United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org .Setting And Reporting
The incumbent of this post reports to the Deputy Director Operations, and is responsible for effective planning, organization, operational planning, management and day to day administration of the Administrative Services Division, including travel, office equipment and maintenance, mail and diplomatic pouch, cleaning, canteen, messengers and telecommunication services, facility management and management of lease agreements & utilities in all facilities.
In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Supervises, planning, management and coordination of security and safety of Field installations by:
(i)Ensuring the effective anticipation of security guards staffing requirements, training needs, and the provision of appropriate training programs.
(ii)Ensuring that investigations and inquiries on behalf of Administration into incidents related to security and safety breaches affecting Field personnel and properties are professionally conducted.
(iii)Ensuring the timely acquisition, maintenance, deployment and control of appropriate equipment for the guard force.
(iv)Ensuring the implementation of safety measures and procedures to prevent and treat the outbreak of fire in UNRWA installations.
- Coordinates and manages all lease agreements on behalf of the Field Office and arranges payments for the rented premises. Prepares contracts and handles service delivery during conferences and meetings in the Field Office, where necessary;
- Supervises travel arrangements for official duty travel including purchasing tickets, issuance of ID cards, obtainment of clearances, UNLPs, and where necessary liaises with foreign missions with a view
to expediting visa requests and with the local authorities regarding facilitation of travel of the Field staff; assists in handling shipment of household effects of international staff; (D) Controls and supervises the maintenance of the field office equipment, and provides an effective supplies and stationery support system, incorporating requisition, receipt, storage, issues and the
management and maintenance of non-catalogue inventory for the department;
(E) Coordinates the annual plan proposed by FECSO on the implementation of the repairs and maintenance of Field Office premises, carries out routine inspections as may be required; (F) Directs and supervises the operation of the mail room, including the preparation of outgoing diplomatic pouch, registration of incoming and outgoing mail and distribution of incoming mail and pouches;
- Monitors usage of all telephone communications, including hand held radios, landline andmobile phones, and settlement of bills, analyses their efficiency and cost effectiveness and recommends to
supervisor improvements as may be required;
- Directs and supervises the preparation of the Administrative Services biennium budget and periodic budget reviews, monitors expenditures and recommends necessary adjustments as required;
- Conducts verification of all Field installations and maintains a list thereof; liaises with the Engineering and Construction Services Division with regard to damages and ensures that reports are prepared
and submitted for subsequent action by the management as required;
- Manages office space allocation;
- Prepares periodic and special reports as required;(L) Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
(i)Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and ability to establish and maintain working relationships in a multi-cultural environment;
(ii)Proven ability to perform at the supervisory level with minimal direct supervision; (iii)Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, and ability to work under deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities, prioritizing activities and assignments;
(iv)Good communicator in both spoken and written English, including ability to draft/edit a variety of written reports and other studies, and ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise style;
(v)Ability to identify clients' needs and offer appropriate solutions and establish and maintain productive partnership with clients.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
(i)A university degree in business administration or public administration or a related field; (ii)Ability to operate standard computer software used by the Agency.
At least four years of progressively responsible professional experience in managing administrative services in a large organization, including a minimum of two years in a supervisory capacity.
Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة