Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Jenin district, we are recruiting a:
FEMALE COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATOR
Contract type: 6 months fixed term contract (includes 3 months probation) with the possibility to extend after.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Prepare, provide, and present health education sessions to the population/patients according to MSF principles and values in order to promote health information through health measures and hygiene conditions as well as provide information about MSF activities in order to facilitate access to healthcare.
- Introducing MSF activities and principles in the field.
- Promoting MSF services in the different targeted communities through group discussions.
- Providing activities in the communities to encourage healthy practices and healthy environments.
- Delivering information to the community regarding health topics (for example: personal hygiene, sexual and reproductive health, GBV, and non-communicable diseases).
- Conducting and evaluating the effectiveness of MSF activities in the community via satisfaction questionnaires
- Actively participating in trainings for Health Community Educators in order to update and improve the skills related to health promotion.
- Collecting data to identify community needs.
- Providing Health Promotion sessions for groups and individuals to reinforce and strengthen the existing coping mechanism and sensitize them to the positive use of their resources.
- Promoting the MSF services and health promotion topics via communication in social media (radio, TV, and others).
- In case of need, among the medical team, participating in activities related to the local emergency response.
- Entering and updating on time the data collection tools. Providing reports as per needs.
- Results Oriented
- Stress Management
- Possess strong teaching and presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, compassionately, and calmly in an intense, fluid, and multi-cultural environment.
- Must be a fast learner and extremely flexible and adaptable as the situation is dynamic, daily changing, and often chaotic.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Literacy is essential, medical background is an asset.
Experience in Health Promotion activities is preferred. MSF experience is desirable.
Mission language (English) and local language (Arabic) essential.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, and CV with reference details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
With the reference: CHE Jenin. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date 9th October 2023 MIDNIGHT