Fellow Engineers (7)
Gaza Household WASH Activity
Location: Gaza Strip
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking Fellow Engineers for a USAID-funded Household WASH program in Gaza. The three-year program will improve human health, environmental health and livelihoods in vulnerable communities by increasing access to facilities and services for safe domestic water and improved sanitation. Priorities include: 1) Providing durable solutions to vulnerable communities, such as the establishment, extension or rehabilitation of water distribution networks and sanitation systems at the household and neighborhood levels; and 2) Increasing emergency WASH preparedness interventions to mitigate and reduce rainwater and sewage flooding risks in vulnerable communities.
The Fellow Engineer specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitors the work of contractors implementing small construction activities, submitting regular reports to Field Engineer and raising issues as needed.
- Ensures safety procedures and policies are followed on construction sites and reports any breaches.
- Develops monthly site safety reports.
- Conducts initial field visits and develops conceptual designs.
- Conducts initial environmental screening, including
assessments of climate change risks
- Develops detailed drawings, specifications, and BOQs for water connections and other simple structures.
- Supports design review and finalization.
- Assists with preparing and processing tenders.
- Gathers MEL data and supports data entry and analysis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s graduates of the year 2018/2019 and onward in Civil, Mechanical, Water/Sanitation Engineering, Construction Management, or any other relevant engineering field; with GPA grade, not less than 3.4 or 85% with distinction
- Knowledge in MEAL including but not limited to data collection and data analysis
- Excellent reporting skills in both English and Arabic languages. Knowledge in Public Health WASH-related issues
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of engineering software design in WASH such as Civil 3D, Water CAD, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
To apply for the position, please visit this link Fellow Engineers Application and complete the application no later than Tuesday January 31, 2023.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.