Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC)
Fellow of the Maha Abu Dayyeh Fellowship Program
Ref #: WCLAC/2023/04
Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counselling (WCLAC), an independent Palestinian organization established in 1991, aims to contribute to the establishment of a democratic Palestinian society, based on social justice and equality between women and men. To achieve this aim, the Centre has developed and is further developing, through its activities, a new Palestinian feminist discourse.
WCLAC is very pleased to announce the launch of the Maha Abu-Dayyeh Women’s Rights Advocacy Fellowship.
The Maha Abu-Dayyeh Fellowship Fund was established to honor the legacy of Maha Abu-Dayyeh, who contributed all her adult life to improving the lives of Palestinian women and helping realize the dream of a free and democratic Palestine. Her untiring work, visionary leadership, and professional and personal integrity can be seen in the social and political arenas of Palestinian society and in the lives of individual women and men who learned from and were supported and mentored by Maha in various ways. Equally important, Maha’s understandings and practices of feminism were groundbreaking and are a foundational feature of Palestinian feminist genealogy--the genealogy to be studied, understood, and used as part of the foundation of advancing Palestinian society and Palestinian and global feminist movements.
يقدم مركز المرأة للإرشاد القانوني والإجتماعي برنامج الزمالة لإحياء ذكرى مها أبو ديه لدفاعها عن حقوق المرأة الفلسطينية .
مها أبو ديه من أهم النسويات الحقوقيات الفلسطينيات اللواتي ساهمن في تطوير حياة المرأة الفلسطينية وتحقيق المساواة بين الجنسين، بالإضافة إلى جهودها في تحقيق المطلب الاساسي بأن تكون فلسطين دولة حرة ومستقلة. ولذلك تم إحياء برنامج الزمالة لذكرى تكريم مها أبو ديه على جهودها في تحقيق العدالة للنساء الفلسطينيات والمجتمع الفلسطيني . فلقد كانت امرأة قيادية ونزيهة بعملها، وعملت في المجالات السياسية والإجتماعية وذلك من أجل المجتمع الفلسطيني والحفاظ على حقوق النساء وتوجيههن بطرق مختلفة للمساهمة في تطوير مهاراتهن العملية والحياتية.
من الغايات الاساسية لفكرة برنامج "الزمالة لاحياء ذكرى مها ابو دية" هو تشجيع الأجيال الجديدة من النساء الفلسطينيات في المشاركة في المجالات الحقوقية والسياسية والاجتماعية ومناصرةحقوق المرأة في المجتمع الفلسطيني.، بالإضافة إلى تقديم الدعم الفكري والمهني والأخلاقي لهن للمساهمة في تعزيز حقوق الانسان.
Fellows are expected to fulfill the responsibilities and accomplish the tasks outlined below
Primary Duties, Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be based in the Advocacy Unit but also learn and work all WCLAC programmatic areas that include Services and Empowerment, and Advocacy. As such, fills the programmatic gap in a limited way.
- Gain and advance a deeper understanding of the needs and interests of Palestinian women in the current political moment of shrinking democratic, civil-society spaces and increased “backlash against women groups and feminists to women’s empowerment and rights and those of other oppressed groups.
- Gain and advance a deeper understanding of the relationship between the decolonization of Palestine and the liberation of Palestinian women.
- Design an implementable innovative approach to addressing a specific issue the Fellows have identified during their fellowship, after brainstorming and discussion with the WCLAC programmatic team.
- Produce analytical paper, implementable project proposal, or training design. This should be a collaborative piece of work ideally that demonstrates both individual and collaborative learning.
- Support the advocacy unit to define themes related to the gendered impact of Israeli violations to IHL and IHRL and define methods to document testimonies on this regard from Palestinian women.
- Develop articles and contributions to WCLAC’s monthly bulletin to reflect in-depth analysis and understanding of structural forms of oppression
- Contribute to preparing and producing submissions, briefs, and reports to different international platforms and UN agencies.
- Revision and overview of recent studies/ theories that are related to the feminist movement globally, to discuss among WCLAC programmatic level.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Human rights, International humanitarian law, or related field.
- Experience in the women’s and human rights field.
- Excellent English and Arabic command, native speaker standard.
- Relevant professional experience in research and report writing
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong exemplary ethical standards
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and knowledge of fundamental public relations and media strategies and methods.
- Strong interest and knowledge of feminist visions and gender-related issues
- Interpersonal ability to work as a team
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism
- Computer (MS Office including MS Project)
How to apply:
All interested candidates are invited to fill out the “Maha Abu Dayyeh Fellowship Program Application” on WCLAC’s website ( www.wclac.org) - Main/join us/ Maha Abu Dayyeh Fellowship OR click on the browser: (https://www.wclac.org/File/23), accompanied by a detailed and up-to-date CV in English with a cover letter and submit the documents described above at Email: [email protected], by the closing date: Friday 1/9/2023
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
WCLAC encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.