Job Title: FAO Grants Clerk
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duty Station: East Jerusalem
Duration of Contract: 1 year
Closing Date: 13 August 2023 (midnight New York time)
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Our goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With 195 members - 194 countries and the European Union, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide to promote better production, better nutrition and better environment for a better life.
The FAO Coordination Office for the West Bank and Gaza Strip Programme implements the Country Programming Framework for Palestine to enhance the wellbeing of Palestinian people by making the agrifood system more efficient, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable in alignment with national policies and strategies and the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSCDF).
Under the overall supervision of the FAO WBGS Head of Office, the general supervision of the Operations Officer and direct supervision of the Grant Analyst, the incumbent will perform a range of standardized clerical duties and functions mainly related to the administration, preparation and monitoring of beneficiary grants as indicated by the requirements and structure of the organization to ensure consistent service delivery in line with the requirements and structure of the organization. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with FAO operations, finance and programme and projects’ staff and with FAO HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the administrative tasks related to the development of beneficiary grant applications, agreements, disbursement forms, letters, certification reports and all related beneficiary grants documents.
- Assists in the financial and administrative tracking of beneficiary grants.
- Assists in the development of monitoring tools for the implementation of the beneficiary grants.
- Assists in the monitoring and tracking of the implementation of beneficiary grants.
- Assists in the review and preparation of the beneficiary grant operational manuals in accordance with the donor requirements and inputs from relevant stakeholders.
- Maintains accurate and complete electronic and physical files, documentation and archives of beneficiary grants.
- Maintains detailed databases of beneficiary grants updated on a regular basis ensuring accuracy and consistency of documents.
- Contributes to maintaining a smooth flow of information and documentation in all stages of the beneficiary grants process including verifying completeness of the documentation and ensuring timely transmission of documentation to the different actors involved in the various stages of the process.
- Prepares and tracks beneficiaries’ payment requests and purchase orders.
- Assist in the draft and preparation of purchase orders, low value purchase orders and contracts, and processing payment requests.
- Ensures full compliance of beneficiary grant activities with UN/FAO rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
-Performs other duties as and when required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrates commitment to FAO’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized activities related to administrative issues;
- Sound knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated analytical and persuasive writing skills experience as well as superior editing skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience;
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focuses on result for the client;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
Required Skills and Experience
High School Diploma, University degree in Business Administration would be desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the fields of project development or administration is required.
- Proven relevant experience in assisting the management of grant programmes is desirable.
- Work experience with International and/or UN agencies is desirable.
Arabic mother tongue and very good knowledge of English Language.
- Initiative, good judgment, ability to work under pressure, writes clearly and meets deadlines.
- Courtesy, discretion and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.