Fall 2021 marking its thirteenth year of operation, Al-Quds Bard College for Arts and Sciences (AQB) is an innovative program introducing a liberal arts undergraduate education to the West Bank, with an enrollment of approximately 310 undergraduate and graduate students in 2020-2021. The undergraduate program at AQB is rigorous, culminating in a two-semester independent senior project, which is generally a demanding research paper of 45 pages or more. The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program requires an equal amount of advanced study in the elected academic discipline (Mathematics, Biology, English, History, or Sciences), and in key education courses that challenge in-service teachers to apply the results of research and pedagogical analysis to the actual work of teaching.
The MAT program works closely with the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) which is an innovative hub for engagement on the process of teaching and learning and is a central pillar for professional development for teachers and faculty.
Al-Quds Bard College is one of 15 faculties at Al-Quds University (AQU) in Abu Dis. The College is also part of a global network of higher education institutions, the Open Society University Network (OSUN). Through OSUN, the Enhanced Network Teacher Education Capacity (ENTEC) project aims to, among other things, to create a network of teachers’ mentors who can support and build the capacity of other fellow teachers.
AQB seeks a full-time faculty member for its Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program beginning in fall 2021, with a specialty in the field of educational technology. Principal responsibilities include teaching existing courses in educational theory and practice, along with developing new courses and curricular initiatives that will enhance the skills of K-12 teachers using technology in their classrooms and teaching in the on-line environment. The educational technology specialist position (ETS) should be able to work closely with the MAT director, CTL director, and the ENTEC team at AQB to identify, develop, and effectively integrate technology, learning theories, and distance teaching and learning tools into a schools’ learning environment as needed by ENTEC plans and programs. The ETS should support in developing online learning modules for the core educational and discipline courses offered in the MAT program and work with MAT faculty in revising MAT curricula for blended learning. The candidate should also develop an educational technology course and related material suitable for teaching MAT students and future graduate candidates. (S)he should be able to guide and instruct both MAT faculty, subject-matter experts, CTL associates, ENTEC mentors, and in-service teachers in both the theory and practice of the use of technology-based learning tools. Furthermore, the ETS should participate with colleagues from MAT and CTL in assessing students’ learning, their educational needs, and matching those with appropriate technologies and online applications. In addition to teaching students (in-service teachers) in the MAT program, the position will include professional development workshops and activities with teachers in Palestine and beyond via the Open Society University Network.
The position reports to the MAT Director, ENTEC project leader, with a dotted reporting line to the AQB Dean. The expected start date is 15 August 2021
- Teach a full academic load of six four credit courses at the MAT program. Courses include education and discipline courses.
- Supervise and advise students for developing their classroom research projects and research seminars (based on specialty and discipline)
- Conduct professional development workshops for K-12 teachers and university faculty through AQB’s Center for Teaching and Learning
- Presence on campus for the major part of four days each week. A fifth day may be required as well.
- Hold appropriate office hours for students enrolled in each course
- Participate in academic committees and other academic activities/initiatives at AQB.
- Availability on campus according to the AQU and AQB academic calendars
- Participate in faculty meetings and development activities every semester
Note: Compensation is in accordance with Al-Quds University policies and procedures.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The ETS candidate should have:
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. degree in education and/or educational technology
- Full understanding of learning theories and their implications in teaching and learning especially in the online and blended learning environments.
- Knowledge of technology including computer-based training software, web page creation, computer-simulations, multimedia and its applications to improve curricula and instruction in various disciplines.
- Knowledge of the educational system structure in Palestine.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English languages
Please submit the following via Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/85354
- A resume, a cover letter, 1 to 3 recommendation letters, proof of Ph.D. (or equivalent) degree.
- Proof of teaching experience and syllabi, which would include an example of how the applicant devolved, integrated, and implemented educational technology at the classroom level for the purposes of promoting higher-order-thinking skills, critical thinking, and creativity.
- a sample of an educational technology course outline (optional).