Job Title: Facilitator of TVET Education Program
Contract Duration: 9 Months
MA’AN Development Center is an independent Palestinian non-profit organization, established in Jerusalem in January 1989. Relying on a human rights-based approach, community partnerships, and active participation, MA’AN works to enhance the resilience, empowerment, and realization of the rights of those most in need, the poor and marginalized groups and individuals, as well as unleash their latent capacities to enhance their active participation in sustainable development and their abilities to respond to and recover from crises.
About the project: The project will strengthen the resilience of young women and men as well as their local communities in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, with focus on Jordan Valley and Northern Gaza Strip which are the main agricultural areas in WB and GS respectively. The project will directly reach an estimated total of 185 young women and men (116 females; 69 males) responding to their needs for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) for employment. The project will target young women and men without employment, aged 18-29 in addition to enterprises. The project will also directly support and strengthen engagement with agribusinesses, agritourism and agricultural cooperatives, women’s enterprises, private agribusinesses and technology or Innovation Transfer Hubs responding to prevalent skills gaps.
The relevant outcome of the project component implemented by MAAN is: Crisis affected young women in Gaza contribute to improving access, quality and gender responsiveness of TVET giving them improved livelihoods and resilience in the agribusiness and agritourism sectors. The following outputs will be achieved during the project period:
- Young Palestinian women in Gaza are informed and supported to enroll and participate in TVET and skills development in agribusiness and agritourism.
- Young women in Gaza have decent livelihoods opportunities and increased resilience
- Young women in Gaza are supported to increase their capacity to advocate for, lead and participate in decision-making challenging harmful social norms and promoting gender justice in TVET and skills frameworks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Role: Manage the implementation of TVET Education Program in agribusiness and agritourism targeting young women graduates (22-24 years old).
Tasks to be performed as well:
- Manage the process of announcing TVET opportunities to young women in the target area. This includes preparing the announcement form and application, receiving and reviewing the submitted applications, and participating in the selection of the final target group.
- In coordination with the community center responsible staff, carry out arrangements and conduct orientation sessions about MAAN TVET programs provided by its community services center in Deir Al Balah. This will include carrying logistical arrangements in coordination with the procurement and logistics department, follow up with consultants, inviting trainees, and documenting the activity.
- Participate in developing the consultancy ToRs and follow up with consultants on the delivery of consultancy assignments.
- Provide regular updates on progress to the direct supervisor and represent MAAN in meeting and workshops when requested.
- Participate in drafting the project progress reports.
- Coordinate with other departments at MAAN to ensure the effective and smooth implementation of the project activities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisors.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a relevant field.
- Knowledge of fields related to TVET education and employment opportunities for young women in the TVET sector.
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing projects related to TVET with local or international NGOs in the Gaza Strip.
- Proven experience in implementing capacity building programs in the area of TVET education, especially in the field of agribusiness an agritourism.
- Good communication / writing skills and ability to work effectively in a small team with external experts.
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Cooperative and team-worker.
Download the employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
Fill out the employment application and save it with the applicant's name and position.
Please fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/YxmFeNWHJfariL4fA
Attach the employment application to the previous link.
Applications will not be considered if the employment application is not attached to the previous link.
Applications will only be accepted until Tuesday 27 June 2023