Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research
World Bank Projects coordination unit
Consultants Services – 01/2021
The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research has received a grant from the World Bank, for the benefit of Education to Work Transition Project-Additional Financing. A major component of this project is The Quality Improvement Fund (QIF), which is overseen by QIF Board. The main objective of QIF is to provide support for improving the quality of Palestinian tertiary education institutions and programs in the aim of developing market-driven programs in line with international standards, developing income-generating programs, and enhancing teaching practices and methodologies. QIF is established on a competitive basis, open to eligible tertiary institutions in Palestine. QIF is being administered out of the MOHE by a small staff accountable to a centralized Board representative of appropriate stakeholders.
MOHE intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following individual consultant service:
Position: External Evaluator for QIF Projects
Main Tasks, Responsibilities & Scope of Work: The main tasks of the consultancy will be to conduct an empirical assessment of the QIF projects & their Impact using a combination of qualitative research techniques and analysis of collected documents, data and reports, the consultant shall include the following in this assignment:
- Develop a detailed action plan and schedule for work. Draft will be shared with PCU team and feedback will be incorporated by the consultant to the satisfaction of the PCU team before starting work.
- Review all relevant documents related to the projects implemented under cycles 3 & 4 of QIF. This includes but not limited to, QIF manual, proposals of the awarded projects, progress reports and studies produced under each granted project.
- Assess the procedures followed in implementing the projects.
- Assess the duties and contributions of the different parties/partners.
- Assess the role of the QIF Board by examining the efficiency of the QIF Board policies and procedures in discussing, approving and awarding the submitted QIF proposals.
- Assess the impact of each individual project on participating institutions’, targeted program, partnering institutions form the private sector; enrolled students, graduates and/ or other relevant stakeholders.
- Gather feedback from target communities and participating TEIs and partners as to perception, strengths and weaknesses of the conducted projects.
- Facilitate a process to capture lessons learned. This will help the PCU to replicate the good work and improve project service delivery.
- Analyze existing and potential opportunities for strengthening project’s delivery mechanism and generating recommendations that will contribute to the development of implementing future QIF cycles.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies
- At least holding a master degree in Quality Assurance, Education Evaluation, Policy Analysis, or any other relevant field.
- Previous proven experience in design and leading evaluation; data analysis skills; knowledge of the regional and institutional context in the Tertiary Education in Palestine and/or the region.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative assessment and monitoring and evaluation.
- Good communication and writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Considerable experience in undertaking similar reviews and a proven track record in conducting similar assignments.
Time Frame & Level of Effort
The expected level of effort is about 65 working days within a time frame of 7 months.
The consultancy is expected to commence on June 1st, 2021 and to be completed on December 31, 2021.
المسمى الوظيفي External Evaluator for QIF Projects
آخر موعد للتقديم 25 - Apr - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة العقود والاستشارات
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
Interested consultants may refer to the detailed Terms of Reference from www.palpcu.ps. Applications including (Cover letter, applicant CV describing similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) must be delivered to [email protected] no later than April 25th, 2021.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MOEHE/ World Bank Projects Coordination Unit