The Culture and Free Thought Association “CFTA” was established in 1991 as an independent organization playing a leading role in developing a Palestinian civil society that is based on promoting the rights of children, youth and women in the Gaza Strip. CFTA is a development non-governmental organization which, in emergency situations, also provides humanitarian assistance.
CFTA is currently seeking a External consultant to help ensure that CFTA implement the capacity building plan in high quality with support and funded by SDC
OBJECTIVES & SCOPE
This task is commissioned for the benefit of the organisation during the institutional capacity building and development process. It will help in questioning, encouraging, challenging and supporting CFTA in its learning. It will help CFTA in developing self-awareness and decision-making processes, bringing out and developing its own inherent knowledge and abilities.
Coaching provides tailor-made development, helps professionals implement the agreed plans, stay on track, see their strengths and help them use them in their professional lives and be more effective in what they do. It will also help in a development process in which the organisation gets support while learning to achieve a specific result or goal, offers advice and guidance
The structures, model and methodology of the coaching should be designed to facilitate thinking or learning new behaviour for professional advancement or personal growth. The coach will use a style in which they ask questions and offer opportunities that will challenge the coacher to find answers from within him/her. This facilitates the learner to discover answers and new ways of being based on their values, preferences and unique perspective.
The purpose of the coaching is to help them move forward in the implementation of the institutional capacity building and development plan through on-going feedback, support and learning by doing. CFTA should be best equipped to solve the most pressing problems in its community, recognizing the challenges that local leaders face in establishing a prosperous organization that is capable of achieving short-term success and long-term viability.
Thus, the objectives of this assignment are:
Phase 01: CFTA Coaching
- CFTA becomes capable of implementing the Institutional Capacity Building and Development Plan through recognizing the challenges they face and working to resolve them.
- CFTA improved knowledge-sharing and facilitation of informed decision making process at the various organizational levels through constructive feedback to CFTA.
Phase 02: CFTA compliance check
Assessment of the degree of the implementation of the institutional capacity building and development plan according to the compliance management indicators produced and agreed upon by the different parties for this purpose.
- RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS, DELIVERABLES AND TIMING
The Coaching and Compliance Process
Coaching: the coaching team from the consultancy firm will examine background materials and documents, such as narrative and financial reports, annual plans, ToR for external technical assistance and other relevant materials produced by or for the organisation for the purpose of implementing the institutional capacity building and development plan. The benchmarks for the coaching support will be advised and governed by a mutually developed plan in a full participatory approach with CFTA. The plan will define deliverables and specific outputs for each intervention area for the coaching process. This approach will ensure by-in and ownership of the process by CFTA
1.2. Required Output/deliverables
The consultancy firm will:
- Develop a coaching plan driven from CFTA’s approved capacity building and development plan in close cooperation and a full participatory approach with CFTA
- Develop a compliance management plan with defined indicators that will be used for preparing compliance reports on quarterly basis during the 01.12.2019 – 31.12.2020 that focus on their assessment to CFTA fulfilment of its contract obligations.
- A report will be submitted within two months of the end of the activity to be submitted in English, focusing on the CFTA compliance on the implementation of the agreed institutional capacity building and development plan.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
2.2. Qualifications, composition and requirements
- Relevant experience in organizational capacity building and institutional development with proper understanding of membership-based organizations and non-profit organizations working in the Gaza Strip
- Relevant experience in providing technical assistance to local organisations in Gaza.
- Experience in developing ToR for different activities related to institutional capacity building such functional analysis, organisational structure, etc.
- Experience in having a critical look at and giving feedback on organisational structure
- Ability of the consultancy firm to draw on different experiences when needed to appropriately give the relevant feedback to the organisation.
- Experience in supervising the process of the implementation of certain activities.
- knowledge in conducting participatory processes, negotiations, conflict sensitivity
- contextual insight in the specific situation of Gaza
The mission should take place in the period December 1st, 2019 until December 31st, 2020 and will consist of a maximum of 50 hours.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a financial offer, cover letter, CV and a couple of samples or previous samples no later than 27/11/2019 - via email to [email protected]
The consultancy shall not exceed 2500$