Terms of Reference and Scope of Services
Palestine Ahliya University (PAU) is a private higher education institute registered under the license number 14/HE2C/072007/. PAU among other partner has received a Grant from the European Union under the umbrella of ENI CBC MED funding for a 30 months project entitled: U-Solve. Accordingly, PAU intends to apply part of this grant for the outsourcing and contracting of a highly qualified External Auditor (individual or company).
Project Brief: U-SOLVE shifts the start-up creation process towards an entrepreneurial sustainable development strategy, which bridges active policy for supporting entrepreneurship with the implementation of sustainable development goals at urban level. The most urgent SDGs challenges in Mediterranean urban communities are forced into an open innovation pipeline that allows coalitions of entrepreneurial agents of change to emerge, creating qualified jobs and economic value, while supporting the transition towards a sustainable model.
Assignment Objective: PAU is now considering the selection of a highly qualified External Auditor to be part of the project team responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of all project activities under the supervision of the Project Manager and the Projects Department.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Orient the project team and the financial department at PAU of the procedures and regulations to be followed in compliance with best practices and EU regulations.
- Monthly review of financial documents related to the project correcting any deviations and ensuring the provision of all needed supporting documents.
- Represent PAU team in any financial meetings with partners and donor.
- Develop periodic reports as indicated in the project’s agreement and answer in verbal and written any inquiries requested from donors and partners.
- Review and verify all financial data to be inserted and archived in PAU financial system.
- Use any communication means requested by donor and partners to share financial data (drop box, google drive, or any other communication platform).
- Verify and officially stamp all financial documents and reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications & Skills:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in accounting, or any other related field.
- Licensed external auditor and authorized to audit and stamp financial statements and reports.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in similar assignments including auditing EU projects; experience with ENI CBC MED Projects is a plus.
- Excellent command of computer skills including financial and auditing programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language.
- Residence in or near the Bethlehem area is preferred.
Time Frame: 30 months project
Application: Apply in person sending your company/personal CV and a covering letter explaining your previous experience in auditing projects particularly funded by EU in addition to your valid auditing license, applicants are required to send their applications to the following email [email protected] inserting external auditor position in the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 15/1/2021