Request for Proposal-Call for consultance
RFP # PTC-SSA-110-11-2018
Export Manager Consultant
1.1 Palestine Trade CENTER (PalTrade)
PalTrade was established in 1998, as a non-profit development organization, which was mandated as the Palestinian National Trade Promotion Organization. Recently, PalTrade has evolved into an export development organization with a mission to lead the development and sustainable increase of Palestinian exports as a driving force for sustainable national economic growth; and has been instrumental in leading the way to establish a National Export Strategy. PalTrade provides a wide range of support in the areas of export development and market intelligence, export promotion, and export policy and advocacy.
2. PROJECT BACKGROUND
PalTrade, PSC and PFI are partnering to implement the project titled “Creating a Competitive Edge of the Palestinian MSMEs in the Local and Potential Export Markets” in West Bank and Gaza.
The Project aims to increase the capacity of MSMEs by targeting selected priority sectors/products to increase their market share locally and internationally. The Design of the project focuses mainly on improving the competitiveness of the selected companies on a firm/industry level, where the project implementing partners’ Palestine Trade Center (PalTrade), Palestinian Federation of Industries (PFI), Palestinian Shippers’ Council (PSC) and Bank of Palestine (BoP), will employ their resources in Favor of the project’s objective to help the targeted companies meet markets’ needs.
3. Beneficiaery’s background
Al-Zaytouna Company for food products was established in 2011 and started with the production of Al-Tahiniia with a production rate of no more than 6 tons per month and the management of the company set its sights on increasing the quantity of monthly production in conjunction with maintaining the highest quality and maintaining the stability of product quality.
The products are sold locally to the WB and Israel for not more than 30 tons a month. In addition, the company is seeking to export its products to some markets like, the Gulf, EU and Malaysia.
To access and increase the market share in the target markets, there is a need to hire an export manager consultant to collect market intelligence; such as potential buyers, distribution channel, prices, market trends. The export manager consultant will be mainly responsible for marketing the company’s products in the UAE market through; conducting B2B meetings, present company’s in the international exhibitions, identify potential international buyers, follow up with the Company’s business leads and create new wave of leads.
Ultimately, the objective is the appointment of an Export Manager Consultant for the UAE Market to represent the company globally, meet potential clients, visit companies, promote the products, maximize the sales of the products, conduct market scans for sub-sectors or sub-products, investigate new technology and support the company to grow its business in an export orientation.
5. Scope of Work
- Develop an outline of a sales and marketing outreach for the upcoming year
- Prepare a market scan for the UAE market
- Reach out to current customers and contacts obtained during previous events and trade shows
- Reach out to customer leads and new prospects through cold calling
- Conduct field project site visits, meetings and presentations to attract new prospect clients
- Prepare for business to business meetings and schedule for the UAE market
- Execute the planned business to business meetings in the targeted markets
- Support with sending technical feedback
- Support with sending price offers, negotiating and working deals with clients
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Involvement in marketing campaigns along with updating company promotional materials
- Manage trade show participation and proper presentation
- Increase and growth in sales
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Available to start immediately,
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business or Relevant Fields.
- 10 years of professional experience with at least 5 years of experience in Sales and Marketing in the UAE market
- Fluent in both English and Arabic, but specifically exceptionally flawless in English reading and writing with specifics to Business-English style and terminology.
- Experience and exposure to providing business advice and preparing business plans is a valuable asset especially with relevance to Food Processing business
- Previous experience and training in sales, marketing and cold calling is important and of value
- Currently reside in the UAE
- Valid UAE driving License
- Experience in a similar previous job
- Develop an outline of the sales and marketing outreach and plan for the upcoming 8 month including detailed final budgets.
- Prepare a market scan for the UAE market. Prepare a list of contacts obtained during previous events and trade shows with a brief, potential and follow up steps. This list should include new customer leads and prospects obtained through cold calling not on-line research. All information shall remain the sole exclusive property of the Company.
- Conduct business to business meetings or at least (10-15) visits per month in the UAE market with potential customers, prepare and submit brief progress reports that includes pictures and progress to reach business deals.
- Provide assistance to the company in promotional activities in the target market such as trade shows, product presentations, sales calls and other activities of Company
- Manage profitability and growth through achieving at least $25,000 sales after one month and increase sales by 10% monthly.
- Promote the Products and maximize the sale of the Products in the target market.
- Provide “after sale” support to purchasers.
- Provide the company with a list of companies and products that it currently represents and shall notify Company of any new companies and products at such time as its promotion of those new companies and products commences.
- Prepare final report that includes a cumulative progress update for both markets with tracking customers, potential and sales to date
8. DURATION, TIMELINE AND REPORTING
The level of effort for this assignment will be a total of 8 months. The commencement date of this assignment is expected to be December 15th, 2018.
Terms and Conditions
Interested consultants are requested to adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- Technical and financial offers should be received by Email to [email protected] by Tuesday 27/11/2018 with subject RFP#PTC-SSA-110-11-2018
- Prices should be submitted in US dollars including VAT
- The financial offer should include the total price breakdown for each deliverable
- Payments are subject to the Palestinian taxation law.
- PalTrade will cover the payments based on the deliverables and time frame for the assignment, and only if the deliverable has been approved by the beneficiary and the project manager.
- PalTrade will award the assignments to the consultant who technical offer will be most responsive to requests technical requirement; the final evaluation will be based on both technical and financial criteria as the below table.
- Passing scores for technical is 55/70
For more inquiries contact us in written email at [email protected] and by replying to the invitation email you will receive from this email, no inquiries will be taken over the phone. Deadline for receiving inquires is Thursday 22/11/2018, at 12:00 PM Palestine time.
PalTrade has the right to cancel or reissue the RFP for unforeseen circumstances