Executive Manager of a Marine Cage Farming Social Business
The Investment Fund for Marine Cages Farming Social Business in the Gaza Strip desires to recruit an Executive Manager for its newly established business in the Gaza Strip. This company was registered in April 2018 with the main purpose of managing a marine fish farm to be established on the coast of the Gaza Strip. The marine cage is a pilot project using a new approach for high value fish production whose success would change the future of Gaza’s fishery sector and help diversify in a sustainable manner the incomes of fishermen as well as increase consumption of quality fish in the Gaza Strip. Work is expected to be compensated on the first year of life of the company with a share of the annual profits.
Duration of the contract
The duration of this assignment is 1 year, renewable upon agreement between the parties involved.
Duties and responsibilities
- General management and supervision of daily works of the Investment Fund for Marine Cages Farming Social Business according to the assigned vision, objectives and activities.
- Lead and assist the preparation of work plans for the management and maintenance of the social business, monitor progress and take corrective action if necessary.
- Ensure timely provision of inputs/supplies, supervise the correct implementation of sub-contracts, maintenance of machinery/equipment and effective/efficient operations.
- Develop and review Key Performance Indicators to monitor the different areas of management of the social business and identify risk mitigation measures to overcome operational constraints.
- Plan and supervise the financial management of the business, inclusive of budget, treasury, records and performance.
- Plan and supervise the human resources management of the business, inclusive of part-time and full-time recruitments, evaluation of staff as well as ensure staff’s capacities are developed to fully meet the needs of the social business.
- Plan and supervise the supply chain management including inputs, stock assessment, storage, and marketing to local and external Market (West Bank and regional markets) and others.
- Ensure an efficient bio-productive and financial information management system is in place as well as help develop the staff’s capacities to manage the same.
- Lead and/or support reporting to the Board of Directors of the social business, inclusive of the production of both periodical and Ad-hoc reports for the Board of Directors on the status of operations, maintenance and general management of the social business.
- Coordinate liaison with national and international organizations in developing best practices on marine cage farming.
- Develop and maintain productive partnerships within the value chain actors to achieve common goals for aquaculture and assist the development of the social business.
Final ToR will be agreed upon as part of the contract.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University or college Bachelor's degree in related fields such as economics, business administration, marketing, management, fisheries, agriculture or other related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field of aquaculture and/or fisheries.
- General understanding of the fishery sector on the Gaza Strip, business management and livelihoods.
- Proven experience in investment management related fisheries Familiarity with fish business especially handling and marketing, fisheries inputs, and services, fishing equipment management and maintenance, fish health, etc.
- Market-based and business model mobilizer to leverage marine cages partners and understanding of social business, finance and investment, agri-business and business planning;
- Proven knowledge and technical experience with feeding strategies, equipment, fish bio-growth models, production plans, net cleaning repair/storage, fish diseases, and fish marketing.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Good command of computer skills including text processing, accounting, and presentation related applications.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and working under pressure.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV’s, covering letter, and scanned copy of University certificate and Experience Certificates to the Investment Fund for Marine Cages Farming Social Business in the Gaza Strip at the following email ([email protected]). Original documents should be provided by hand during the interview. Applications can be sent during the period from February 18th,2020 to March 3rd,2020.