The Business Women Forum (BWF) is a national non-profit organization established in 2006, to promote and empower the role of businesswomen and entrepreneurs as leaders in the Palestinian economy through advocacy, influence to create an enabling environment for women in Palestine. BWF works through a comprehensive methodology through provision of business development packages including capacity building, coaching, consultancy and technical support necessary for their business, enhancing access to markets, financing, knowledge, leadership and decision making in addition to networking with local, regional and global institutions and organizations.
BWF seeks to hire a qualified Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, financial management, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Provide strategic leadership and vision to advance the organization's mission and goals.
- Oversee and supervise the overall operations and management of the organization, including financial management, program development, and staff supervision.
- Oversee and report on the organization’s results to the board of directors.
- Develop other revenues necessary to support BWF vision and mission.
- Develop annual budgets, financial plans, monitor and track finances and ensure BWF long-term sustainability.
- Write concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission.
- Undertake research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Identify and address staffing requirements for efficient operations, and maintain a strong work culture that attracts and retains people while driving the organization’s mission
- Oversee all internal and external communications, including website, marketing collateral, newsletters, and social media.
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the newly approved BWF Strategy (2023-2026), specifically focusing on the strategic shifts aiming to strengthen women's participation in Palestine's economy. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Analyzing the current economic landscape for women in Palestine, assessing the changes outlined in the new strategy and aligning our current initiatives with these shifts.
- Coordinating with all relevant stakeholders and donors to ensure a shared understanding of the new strategic direction and to facilitate funding the strategy.
- Monitoring the progress of the strategy implementation, making necessary adjustments, and reporting on these activities to the Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement effective strategies, programs, and initiatives to achieve organizational objectives.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, partners, government agencies, and community organizations.
- Represent the organization at various forums, conferences, and events to enhance visibility and advocate for BWF mission.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and ethical standards.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to develop and implement organizational policies and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of programs and initiatives, and make necessary adjustments to ensure their success.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA degree /Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Nonprofit Management, International Development, Business Administration, etc.). Master’s degree is preferable.
- Proven experience (minimum 10 years) in a senior leadership role within the NGO sector.
- Strong understanding of women economic empowerment and a demonstrated commitment to social justice and community development.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Sound financial management skills, including budgeting and financial reporting.
- Proficiency in project management and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Substantial experience in leading and managing teams, ensuring cohesive cooperation to effectively implement strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising and resource mobilization.
- Fluency in Arabic and English languages (writing and speaking).
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as required.
- A strong commitment to Gender equality and Diversity issues.
- Valid driving license.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, detailed resume, and contact information for three professional references to [email protected] by August 20, 2023. Please mention "Executive Director Vacancy" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.