Location – Tantur Hills Hotel - Jerusalem
Nestled between the hills, pines and ancient olive trees of Tantur, an independent, one-of-a-kind hotel that champions values of vision, design and craft, located in the heart of the Holy Land, The Holy City of Jerusalem. Tantur Hills Hotel embraces hospitality and services making your staying a pleasant, comfortable and authentic experience.
Summary of Position
Directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain full-fledged menu (Mediterranean, Western and other).
- Lead and work to deliver all daily menu and meal preparation.
- Lead and work on menus and food preparation for banquets and special events catering for up to 400 people.
- Develop a-la-cart menus and specific made to order meals.
- As needed ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Have a full understanding of food safety and sanitation practices.
- Maintain Hotel standards of food quality and presentation.
- Work towards achieving and exceeding Hotel’s objectives in food and Labor cost management.
- Follow Hotel’s rules and regulations.
- Prepare food orders in a timely and organized manner.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications – Must Have
- An official degree from a certified culinary school/institution is a must with a minimum of 12 years of relevant and well documented experience.
- Three solid references with contact details.
- Language skills – Arabic and English.Hebrew is a plus.
- Ability to work with a team and independent and under pressure.
- Personal presentation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Organisational skills
- IT skills is a plus.
- Commercial awareness
- Good time management skills.
Salary range – 16,000 to 19,000 NIS in addition to benefits as applicable by law.
Please submit Curriculum Vitae (CV) and other relevant details via e-mail at the following address:
Deadline – October 20, 2023
After the deadline, applications will be received on an on-going basis.
Qualified Individuals from Jerusalem and the West Bank are encouraged to apply.