Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in the Emergency Department and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
• Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and
confidentiality at all times.
• Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration)
• Participating in the follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation storage
• Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
• Supervising and training nursing students, volunteers, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
• Participating in quality and maintenance of medical equipment
• Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
• Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
• Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
• Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) in the Emergency Department
• Ensure the preparation of the material and equipment (checking the quantity and quality) in the ED
• For ER nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
• Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations to the Chief of nursing ER. Participating in data collection (numbers of patients in Triage/ER) and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
· Experience in working in Emergency Department and/or ICU and especially dealing with wounded and trauma patients at least for two year
· Experienced in performing Triage (asset: interagency integrated triage tool) and willing to train/support colleagues
· Interested in particpating Emergency departement related trainings
· Desirable proof of teaching activity for at least 6-12 months
· Desirable at least 6-12 months work-experience with an NGO
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
• Essential recognized bachelor’s in science of Nursing
• Desirable 6-12 months years of previous experience in other NGO’s
• Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
• level of english demonstrable level B2
· Results and Quality Orientation
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· Behavioural Flexibility
· Commitment to MSF Principles
· Stress Management
Send your CV, cover letter, your bachelor’ degree in nursing and your licnece of practive in PDF BY EMAIL :[email protected]
Deadline : 12/08/2023