Land Research Centre (LRC) is a registered independent non-profit, non-governmental organization that was founded in 1986 in Jerusalem as part of the Arab Studies Society. Today, LRC has three permanent branches in Hebron, Bethlehem and Nablus governorates. Since establishment, the center interventions and activities have always been consistent with the political, economic and social context of the Palestinian society.
LRC’s work aim to achieve self-dependency through developing technical and scientific capacities of the Palestinian official and non-official bodies including grassroots organizations; local authorities & ministries, creating an influence on policy and decision-making arenas.
LRC’s expertise cover sustainable development, land registration/governance, protection and management of natural resources, climate change adaptation and mitigation, agriculture, environment and human rights. For additional information about the organization please visit www.lrcj.org
As part of an Environmental & Climate Justice-Palestine aiming to contribute to improving environmental and climate justice in Palestine, Land Research Center is looking for a qualified professional to be hired as Environmentalist.
Duty Station: Halhul- Hebron
Main tasks and responsibilities
- He\she has a university degree in Environmental Sciences or any other related degree and is a qualified person with a good understanding of environmental and natural sciences.
- The position potential holds 2-4 years of relevant experience in a similar role, and an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, interpretations, and climate change and climate justice context.
- As per working knowledge, he/she has a good level in English language.
- The position holder possesses outstanding communication skills, with an aptitude to understand and interpret data. He/she is aware of his/her main role which is to ensure compliance with the program’s, state’s, and local regulations related to hazardous environments.
- Multi-tasking skills and has the ability to function effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and
Additionally, the potential environmentalist is aware of his\her responsibilities usually characterized in: 1) performing field inspections; 2) designing employee training programs; 3) preparing detailed reports; and 4) analyzing test samples.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Skillful in overseeing field examinations and report hazardous locations and materials;
- he/she should have sufficient knowledge on environmental assessment, monitoring, reporting, policy making, and planning and any other necessary environmental issues.
- he/she should be a good community mobilizer and be able to facilitate sessions. Good public speaking skills are a big plus, too.
- Ability to maintain management information systems that identify the location of hazardous sites, chemical inventories, and complaint investigations;
- Ability to develop and recommend solutions to eliminate pollution and environmental hazards;
- Ability to design and implement effective employee training programs;
- Ability to perform research and report findings on the current environmental conditions; and preparing clear and detailed written reports about field inspections.
- Ability to identify and plan environmental related activities.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter in English to [email protected]