Request for CVs Of Environmental and Social Compliance and Monitoring Specialist "ESCMS”
The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority has received financing from the World Bank, the French Development Agency (AFD), and the European Union (EU) toward the cost of the “Hebron Regional Wastewater Management Project-Phase I” (the Project), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of the World Bank financing for payments to a qualified Environmental and Social Compliance and Monitoring Specialist "ESCMS".
The Project, which is implemented by the Palestinian Water Authority (PWA), aims to reduce the environmental pollution from wastewater produced in Hebron Municipality.
PWA is considering the appointment of a qualified Environmental and Social Compliance and Monitoring Specialist "ESCMS" to oversee the implementation of the Project and to be mainly
Lead and coordinate the planning and development of World Bank safeguards policies on the environment and social aspects, involuntary resettlement and/or Indigenous Peoples. Lead and provide operational coordination and specific inputs to HRWWMP projects to ensure compliance with safeguards policies during project preparation and implementation. The environmental and social safeguards officer will be responsible for overall management, oversight, monitoring and approval of implementation of social and environmental measures for the World Bank funded projects.
The role will require a regular presence at the project site in Hebron.
The ESCMS will be working in close coordination with PM for the project. The TOR is available on the PWA website: WWW.PWA.PS under advertisements.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, or Environmental and Occupational Health.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in environmental and social impact assessment management.
- Have very good command on English and Arabic language communication skills (reading, writing and speaking).
- Good experience in producing environmental and social reports is required.
- Have very good management skills, particularly workshop organizing and moderation, communication skills as well as having the ability to work in a team.
- Experience in dealing with complaints systems.
- Track record of working in line with the requirements of international financial institutions.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, understand community and stakeholder perspectives and vulnerabilities and to engage with project affected people and project management teams positively and constructively
- Proven responsibility for day to day management of social studies and delivery.
- Knowledge of the project area and the communities.
- Understanding of traditional land title and rights systems.
- Have very good computer skills in general and especially in MS Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.).
Time Frame and Type of Contract
The environmental compliance and monitoring assistant is expected to start his/her duties in of 1 May 2019 and until 31 April 2020, renewable annually until completing the DSI, in a full time base contract. (The ECMA is expected to work both in PWA offices-Hebron as well as on sites).
The application should include a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter showing the suitability for the position (in English). The application should be submitted to the attention of Eng. Murad Fuqaha (Email: [email protected]) and copy to Mr. Ameen Dawabsheh (Email: [email protected]) no later than
Date: April 20, 2019