Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children working to deliver change for children in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives, we fight for their rights and we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children works together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children Canada (SCC) is implementing a national four-year program in Occupied Palestinian Territory (oPt) She Succeeds: Empowering Young Palestinian Women Entrepreneurs in the Agriculture Sector. This gender-transformative project will respond to the gender-based social, economic and institutional barriers which hinder young women’s agency and entrepreneurship opportunities in the agriculture sector. In partnership with two local agriculture and youth-focused organizations – MA’AN Development Centre and the Palestinian Agriculture Relief Committee (PARC) - the program will work in the West Bank (Jordan Valley, Nablus, Tulkarem and Jenin) and across the whole of the Gaza strip.
SCC is seeking to hire a consultant to lead technical inputs for the green entrepreneurship curricular development for the She Succeeds program. The consultant will also provide technical guidance for the different project components to ensure environmental sustainability, mainstreaming and capacity-building in all planning, budgeting, implementation, reporting and knowledge management activities.
The consultant will report to Save the Children Canada’s Youth Livelihoods Advisor and will work closely with Save the Children staff in Canada and the oPt Country Office, as well as with implementing partners MA’AN and PARC.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Interested applicants are invited to download the attached Terms of Reference (ToR) that includes a detailed description of the assignment.
Applications for the consultancy must include following components, for a total of 10 pages (not including appendices, CVs, etc.):
A detailed proposal clearly demonstrating a thorough understanding of this Terms of Reference (ToR) and including the following:
- Demonstrate previous experience of work in a similar nature
- A proposed curriculum framework with learning objectives and methodologies
- Examples of agri-business green technologies and innovations relevant to the Palestine context
- A proposed timeframe detailing activities and a schedule/work plan (including a Gantt chart)
- Curriculum Vitae(s) of the lead consultant and any additional support;
- Names and contact information of two references who can be contacted regarding relevant experience.
- A Consulting Firm profile (if applicable).
A financial proposal with a detailed breakdown of costs for the study:
- Itemized consultancy fees and travel expenses
Qualifications and Experience
- Master degree in relevant field of study in international development/relations, environment and agriculture, youth economic development and education
- A minimum of 5 years of experience providing environmental technical assistance to programs in low-income counties, including conducting environmental analysis and management plans
- Demonstrated experience in environmental sustainability curriculum writing with a focus on sustainable and green entrepreneurship and business development for youth, specifically young women
- Knowledge of child rights, gender equality and girl/women economic empowerment programming and principles
- Knowledge of Global Affairs Canada policies and standards including Results-Based Management (RBM);
- Knowledge of agri-based environmental principles and practices, with a focus on green technologies and innovations;
- Knowledge of the agriculture sector in Palestine and/or the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region considered a strong asset.
- Fluent in speaking/writing/reading English
- Working knowledge of Arabic considered a strong asset.
- Ability to travel and work in Gaza and the West Bank
Applications should be submitted electronically by 2:00 PM Palestine time on Monday 17th June 2019 to the [email protected] with the subject line: ‘She Succeeds Environmental Consultant Application’.