The USAID West Bank/Gaza Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Activity or Forsah TVET activity is intended to build the capacities of TVET institutions in order to meet labor market demands and provide Palestinians with meaningful, well-paying employment and income generating opportunities. TVET Forsah will support the development of new technical trainings and improve the quality and relevancy of existing technical programs, with a particular focus on improving youth access. These programs will help Palestinians become more employable and find employment opportunities, or start their own business, in increasingly in-demand technical sectors. The activity will focus on three main areas: IR 1: TVET institutions’ capacity to respond to the needs of the private sector enhanced; IR 2: Partnerships between the TVET institutions and the private sector firms in specific sectors created; and IR 3: Enrollment in TVET programs increased.
The Environmental Compliance Officer will act as the lead for monitoring environmental mitigation activities, overseeing compliance of construction, and infrastructure activities. Leading environmental analysis and mitigation planning, they will review specifications/plans and monitor activities requiring rehabilitation and renovation of existing infrastructure and construction. The officer will also support all environmental compliance reporting requirements across the entire program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide environmental support to the Infrastructure Manager/Engineer in reviewing, monitoring, and evaluating the implementation of project activities
- Monitor the progress of activities that require new machine upgrades for manufacture of new products
- Review designs, specifications, plans and drawings vis-à-vis environmental analysis; make recommendations to ensure they meet mitigation requirements
- Serve as project representative to monitor and enforce environmental analysis recommendations, mitigation measures and USAID construction requirements
- Develop Scopes of Work (SOWs) and Terms of Reference (TORs) for environmental assessments, reviews, or other studies
- Support all environmental compliance reporting requirements across the entire program, including the Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (EMMP) to USAID
- Prepare EDF, ERS, and EMMRs, as well as status reports on environmental compliance and environmental investigation
- Review layouts, blueprints, and documents to ensure compliance with DAI, IREX and USAID regulations
- Review application forms prepared by the team for pre-qualification of contractors
- Serve as an adviser to ensure the integrity, quality, and progress of implementation, and to prevent delays and cost overruns
- Review proposals and concept papers and prepare documentation needed to proceed with project activities
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of intervention activities and recommend technical solutions for which the project could enhance effectiveness; contributing to greening and cross-cutting considerations
- Verify that inputs and other facilities funded by the project are delivered, installed and operational, as described in project applications, grant agreements and implementation plans
- Verify beneficiaries’ contributions to the project in terms of actuality.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline or field; minimum of bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent years of experience.
- At least six (6) years of experience supporting and managing construction projects
- Knowledge of environmental assessment processes and proven experience implementing and following up environmental mitigation/monitoring measures.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Ability to coordinate effectively with key stakeholders including municipalities, community-based organizations, farmers, etc.
- Excellent writing and spoken English “Excellent reporting skills”
- High level of interpersonal and diplomatic skills required
- Previous work experience in the region desired
To Apply: If you would like to be part of a dynamic project team and are interested in submitting your CV for consideration, please apply through the following link:
Individual position postings including job description and qualifications sought can be viewed at the link provided. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for additional information. All applications must be received no later than January 29, 2022.
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information and upload CV. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
About DAI: DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.