BNET” was established in 2010 as part of the “BCI” group of companies, to be the group’s arm in the field of communications and Internet services. BNET is a company specialized in the field of communications, Internet, and broadband services in the Palestinian market. Its services vary to include home Internet services, and narrow and broadband services, ensuring that the needs of all its subscribers, including individuals, institutions, and medium and large companies, are met.
The company is currently preparing for the implementation of a new project that aims to connect over 30 localities in Jenin and Tubas Governorates with Fiber to the Home (FTTH). The project will entail laying company owned poles in a few areas while mainly relying on installing fiber cables over the existing electricity infrastructure. For the project, an Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) has been developed, which includes the environmental and social mitigation measures to be implemented by Bnet throughout the project’s lifecycle. These measures were based on Environmental and Social (E&S) Assessment conducted for the project and the identification of potential risks, as well as consulting with the relevant stakeholders.
As the project will cover a relatively large area, E&S screening will be required for each location prior to installation per the ESMP’s screening form to assess any potential E&S impacts that could arise for the specific site/route. The ESMP contains management procedures that have to also be implemented such as, but not limited to, occupational health and safety, traffic safety, community health and safety, emergency response procedures, grievance and complaint mechanism, and others.
For this, Bnet is seeking a qualified Environmental and Social Officer (ESO) to supervise and assist the company in the sound implementation of the ESMP and its measures.
Main Tasks and responsibilities
Environmental and Social (E&S) Management Responsibilities:
- The ESO shall be responsible for the complete management, implementation, and supervision of all measures and actions as stated by the project’s ESMP.
- The ESO shall conduct an on-site E&S screening per the ESMP form for each new location / route for which installation is to commence.
- Prepare periodic E&S reports per the company’s request and as specified by the ESMP.
- Conduct monitoring site visits frequently as requested and per minimum as specified by the ESMP.
- Liaise with external stakeholders and partners on E&S matters.
- Manage and supervise the implementation of a Public and Workers’ Grievance (complaints) mechanisms in line with the ESMP and prepare periodic reports on received complaints, their status, and other parameters.
- Ensure that E&S measures and clauses are included in bidding documents
- Ensure that the implementation of OHS measures /plan and emergency response procedures are being followed on site during works.
- Report any non-compliances directly to the company and suggest corrective actions needed.
- Report any incident, accident, or near-miss to the company promptly and prepare relevant reports as required in the ESMP. Ensure that reporting is within the timeframe required. And submit the reports to the required parties as stated.
- Assist external E&S auditors, consultants, and missions to visit and verify the project conditions, the ESO is expected to be the E&S focal point for the company.
- monitor the compliance of contractors to the provisions of the ESMP.
- Provide awareness trainings and orientations to workers, contractors, and stakeholders on the ESMP measures as instructed and per the ESMP requirements.
- Conduct stakeholder engagement activities throughout the project’s lifecycle. maintain a record of the consultations indicating means of feedback other than consultations, e.g., surveys, used to seek the views of affected stakeholders; date and location of the consultation meetings; a list of the attendees and their affiliation and contact address; and summary of minutes of meeting.
- Any other tasks as instructed by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least a BSc. degree in environmental studies, or any other related field.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience as an Environmental and/or Social Officer, with with technical knowledge in both environmental and social safeguards processes and compliance.
- Knowledge in international organizations Environmental and Social Standards and Safeguard Policies.
- Knowledge of national environmental regulations and procedures.
- Relevant experience in preparing environmental and social assessments, ESMPs.
- Very good management skills, particularly workshop organizing and moderation, communication skills as well as having the ability to work in a team.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, understand community and stakeholder perspectives and vulnerabilities and to engage with project affected people and project management teams positively and constructively.
- Requisite language skills including oral and written professional proficiency in English, in addition to report writing.
- Strong results-orientation, proactivity, and ability to problem-solve.
- Excellent computer skills, including other relevant business software.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Interested individuals should submit their CV coupled with letter of interest to [email protected] , please indicate job title in the subject line.