Near East Council of Churches (NECC) is a humanitarian and developmental non-profit organization that was established in 1952. NECC supports the Palestinian people in Gaza through six key areas: Health (Maternal and Child Primary Health Care), Technical Vocational Education and training (Empowering Youth Economic Status), Educational Loans for university students, Psychosocial Support for children, mothers, and students to cope with the negative impact of Gaza Violence, Emergency Relief projects including cash Relief and Job Creation initiatives, Advocacy policies and activities, and community Development program. For more information please visit: www.neccgaza.org
NECC is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Entrepreneurship Development Expert.
Contract Period: 10 months.
Location: Gaza – NECC HQ and vocational training centers.
Starting date: ASAP
NECC is contracted with Caritas France to implement the MOUSHARKA project with a general objective to develop a virtual platform to support young people in the Middle East who wish to benefit from the platform to start their own businesses and to operate in a network with partners from the MENA region. Specifically, the platform will offer a variety of resources, including:
- Entrepreneurship guides for each country (information on registration procedures, financing possibilities, market specificities).
- Online courses to discover entrepreneurship and acquire necessary skills (planning, marketing, management).
- Courses focused on the concept of social entrepreneurship and the specific needs of women.
- Online coaching sessions to support beginners and more established entrepreneurs to develop innovative and sustainable businesses.
- Webinars on more specific topics.
- Virtual space for exchange and networking on the regional level.
- Online content on technical and vocational education resources, such as multimedia, virtual assistance, vocational courses, etc.
The Entrepreneurship Development Expert will be responsible for the following:
- Participate in designing detailed educational curriculum, including dates, topics, and number of hours required per course as agreed with Caritas France Coordinator and the platform partners;
- Facilitate the platform modules and assist beneficiaries to use and utilize;
- Participate in developing training course content (videos, quizzes, and activities);
- Follow up with trainees and instructors after each course and collect feedback;
- Assist in organizing online coaching sessions and arranging webinars;
- Keep track of project indicators and monitor the platform usage;
- Maintain professional relationships with stakeholders including the beneficiaries, partners, donors’ agencies, and ensure successful business communication;
- Participate in developing all documents related to business development;
- Support in conducting assessment and impact evaluation for the initiatives performed;
- Support in developing feasibility studies and business plans for the entrepreneurs and SMEs;
- Prepare activity reports regularly;
- Participate in drafting documents such as raising awareness materials, official communications letters, Term of References, schedules etc.;
- Ensure timely data collection and filing of necessary documents related to M&E plan;
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the NECC and TVET management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Economics, or any other related fields.
- Hands-on experience with Learning Management Software (LMS).
- Knowledge about community development, gender mainstreaming, with an emphasis on women economic empowerment would be added assets;
- At least 2 years’ experience in developing startup businesses and TVET-based initiatives with women/youth entrepreneurs.
- Working knowledge of project planning, monitoring, and reviews, budget planning, and management.
- Demonstrated experience in providing coaching and training would be an asset.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office software, email, internet, spreadsheets, and online communication tools.
- High-level communication both written and oral, social and networking skills;
- Ability to work and travel in different NECC premises located in Gaza Strip.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Arabic and English skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Commitment to NECC Code of Conduct and Safeguarding ethics and policies.
- Adhere to NECC mission and core values.
- Eager to learn and adapt.
- Proactive and innovative.
- Highly detail-oriented and work organized.
Please note that candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.
How to Apply: