The Palestinian Museum is seeking to hire a full-time English Translator and Editor as per the following details:
Job title: English Translator and Editor
Contract type: Full-time
Location: The Palestinian Museum
Department: Public Engagements and Production
Reports to: Publications Unit
Deadline: Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Translating, editing and proofreading all written and printed materials published by the Museum. These include but are not limited to brochures, publications, reports, official correspondences, presentations, regulations, instructions, tenders, vacancy announcements, and policies and strategies documents.
- Translating, editing and proofreading all print and online media posts. These include but are not limited to press releases, website content, social media content, print advertisements, and articles.
- Editing English cultural texts geared towards various exhibitions and projects. These include but are not limited to concept notes, research papers, posters, wall Texts, captions, catalogues, stories, and biographies.
- Providing consultation regarding English texts, e.g. evaluating texts in terms of grammar, structure, style, composition, and terminology.
- Updating English website content in coordination with the media team and learning to upload content to the website.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Native English speaker competence in writing, reading and speaking.
- BA in English Language, literature and translation.
- No less than three years of proved work experience in translation, editing, and proofreading. Experience in the cultural field is a plus.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic.
- A C2 result in a certified English language test (IELTS or TOEFL).
- Ability to receive a training to handle the Museum’s website.
You can apply for this position online through Apply Now-button below, sending two samples of texts translated from Arabic to English. Application deadline is Wednesday, May 30, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered.