English Programmes Coordinator 1
Location: Ramallah, Middle East and North Africa, PS
Company: British Council
We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2021–22 we reached 650 million people.
Supports the programme team in the implementation of programmes and projects in compliance with British Council policies and procedures including financial admin, reporting and data collection, operational project delivery and managing relations with delivery partners.
This role is part of the English Programmes team. The aim of English Programmes is to support the improvement of English language teaching and learning in formal and non-formal education systems. English Programmes has the following impact areas and global programmes:
- English Connects – our global online engagement with teachers and teacher educators
- English in Education – English as a subject in the curriculum and English as a medium of education in formal education systems
- English for Empowerment – formal and non-formal education with two strands – Language for Resilience and English and Digital for Girls’ Education.
- Responsible for data management including timely data entry, quality assurance of data, undertaking basic analysis of monitoring data, and developing progress reports to meet needs of funders.
- Supports internal compliance such as due diligence, records management, data collection and storage.
- Coordinates grants administration, selection & evaluation, and procurement processes.
- Coordinates events-based components and trainings within a programme.
- Coordinates all logistical needs for project activities.
- Supports the project / programme manager in implementing diversity mainstreaming action plans and contributes to it.
Relationship and Stakeholder Management
- Manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate level.
Managing self and others
- Holds vendors and suppliers to account for delivering services.
- Has the ability to work independently and manage workload against project deadlines.
Commercial and/or Financial Support
- Plan and report on project financial plans and budget expenditure and forecasting to Programme Managers and Head of Programme Delivery; manages smaller budgets.
- Maintain clear and up-to-date records on all financial transactions as per audit requirements.
- Ensure relationships with vendors are maintained and payments are processed on time and in accordance with FABS on-line system (SAP Finance) guidelines.
- Compliance to BC financial policies and procedures and (if relevant) to external funder/partner requirements.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
About You (essential requirements for the role):
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a supporting role on programmes or projects.
- Administrative and financial administration experience.
- Good understanding of basic concepts of monitoring and evaluation, and how they are central to good project management.
- The British Council systems and global processes operate in English. B2 level of Written and verbal proficiency in English is required.
- B2 level of Arabic language fluency.
Interseted and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now button below
- Role: English Programmes Coordinator 1(39819)
- Number of positions: 1
- Pay Band: 4 H
- Location: Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Contract type: Fixed term Contract – Local renewable (1 year)
- Closing date: 17th November (23:59 Gulf Standard Time)
- Salary: 8,370 ILS
- Other: This role is open to candidates who have the right to work in the Occupied Palestinian Territories