The engineering specialist will provide technical advice and support to rehabilitation works and construction related activities that are part of World Vision’s holistic programmes. The purpose of the role is to support the entire process with technical advice, review, and monitoring to ensure field staff, consulting engineering companies, and contractors have proper design, planning, management, and results. The role is an important part of ensuring compliance with relevant policies and demonstrating wise stewardship. The role supports World Vision to prevent or mitigate risks and liabilities and to ensure the well-being of children who will benefit from the projects.
% of time Activity
50% Planning & Design
- Support the development and definition of standard packages for the most common type of rehabilitation and constructions that World Vision supports (such as kindergartens, clinics, and water and sanitation units)
- Support Supply Chain in identifying and procuring preferred supplies (brands and models) for most common building material used in World Vision projects.
- Review annually the list of planned projects across all funding streams for compliance as well as workload analysis.
- Provide technical guidance and support to field staff as they work with engineering oversight companies to conduct assessments.
- Review and approval of all activities selected from the assessments, working closely with the grant compliance lead to ensure proposed projects are in scope and alignment with World Vision’s construction policy, donor agreements, relevant Palestinian Authority regulations and ministries, and World Vision funding regulations and contracts.
- Review and approve all bill of quantities (BoQs), ensuring accurate and complete BoQs for every project.
- Participate in supply chain processes by providing technical review for all construction related tenders.
Advise on Area C dynamics, planning laws, regulations and considerations.
40% Management & Results
- Oversee the quality and safety of construction work.
- Develop all monitoring and supervision tools.
- Troubleshoot issues with zonal managers, engineering companies and contractors
- Monitor a sample of projects annually using the “Partial Engineering Supervision” explicit in the Engineers Association Guide.
- Promote and support good communication between field staff, the engineering consult company, and contractor.
- Ensure alignment of all projects with budget, BoQs, scope of work, contracts, and donor agreements.
- Support World Vision in navigating Area C considerations.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve projects that are behind schedule or out of scope.
- Write periodic reports and track all construction related outputs and results for the Evidence, Learning and Accountability team.
- Analysis performance trends and provide coaching, training, and guidance to staff as appropriate.
- Participate in the life of World Vision Jerusalem-West Bank – Gaza
- Respect and promote organizational values and mindsets.
- Participate in all staff monthly meetings, team meetings, and other organizational meetings, as appropriate.
- Complete all required organizational trainings.
- Adhere to all World Vision Safeguarding standards
- Be responsible for your security and the security of other staff and the World Vision offices and assets.
- Perform other duties as assigned
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Two to three years minimum experience working as an engineer.
- Past experience with humanitarian agencies preferred
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- BS in Engineering with civil or architectural preferred
- Member of an engineering association (preferred)
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Must have good attention to detail, all work must be checked.
- Knowledge and experience in construction.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Ability to professionally represent World Vision to other organizations.
- Computer literacy with good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Valid driving license
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
Travel and/or Work Environment
Willingness to travel throughout the West Bank required, with familiarity with the project area preferred.
Requirements Mobility to visit project sites
Language Requirements Must be able to communicate well in English and Arabic (oral and written)
- Design and estimate required resources for construction projects.
- Management of the quality and progress of construction projects to ensure all are implemented on time.
- Decisions related to activity selection from assessments in alignment with project designs, donor agreements and World Vision project models
CORE COMPETENCIES – For all positions, select the top 3 prioritized competencies from below. Click here for a quick overview of our Core Competencies.
☒ Be Safe and Resilient
☒ Deliver Results
☒ Build Relationships
☒ Be Accountable
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults.
المسمى الوظيفي Engineering Specialist
آخر موعد للتقديم 31 - Jan - 2022
المكان رام الله والبيرة, نابلس, جنين
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
Applications to be submitted to : [email protected]
Deadline for application: 31 January 2022
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة World Vision - مؤسسة الرؤية العالمية
" Green Palestine" BMZ Project Manager
رام الله والبيرة, بيت لحم, ناب...
People & Culture (HR) Associate
رام الله والبيرة, بيت لحم
Supply Chain Associate
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
Education & Life Skills Officer
Supply Chain Lead
MHPSS Project Coordinator
رام الله والبيرة