CESVI is an international NGO registered in Italy. Cesvi operates worldwide to support the most vulnerable populations in promoting human rights and achieving their ambitions, for sustainable development. It also believes that the recognition of human rights contributes to the wellbeing of everyone on the planet, a shared home to be safeguarded. Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of water, sanitation and environment through the implementation of projects in the field in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the Gaza Strip in consortium with local and international partners. The project “Rapid response for WASH rehabilitation at HH level” aims to protect vulnerable households and response to their urgent WASH needs.
CESVI is looking for energetic and experienced candidate for the position of Engineer Supervisor who will be in charge to supervise the project activities with our partners.
Main tasks and duties:
- Develop overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials.
- Plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
- Manage the implementation of the project activities ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation.
- Develop the project MEAL plan, ensure high-quality monitoring and evaluation procedures are in place and maintained with a focus on outputs and outcomes.
- Regularly develop, prepare, and maintain up-to-date work plans, budgets, contracts, and procurements needed to implement project activities.
- Lead in planning baseline and end-line data collection according to the established evaluation strategy, support data analysis, and provide analytical reports.
- Ensure active engagement, timely communication, and proper coordination with CESVI support departments, including Finance and Admin.
- Ensure project records and documents are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to CESVI procedures.
- Supervise the field engineers, the implementation of the technical assessments and preparing BoQs.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on the implementation of assigned duties to the line manager. In exceptional cases, reporting documents could be required more frequently or regarding specific activities.
- Keep close coordination with Cesvi partners, local authorities, community, community leaders and stakeholders, according to MoU provisions.
- Arrange meetings with communities and stakeholders for sharing project activities in line with the project partners, provide translation support from English to Arabic when necessary.
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant CESVI technical guidelines, standards and policies.
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation.
- Regular update the work plan, output tracker, Project Management Framework (PMF) and other documents relevant for effective project management.
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities.
- Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learnt and provide relevant feedback for new project development.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering;
- At least 4 years’ experience in relevant field, and sufficient experience in WASH rehabilitation sector;
- Proven experience in managing projects and MEAL with NGOs/INGOs, previous experience with CESVI is a plus.
- Ability to write reports and follow-up execution of projects, budget development and management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to facilitate meetings and interactive training, good intercultural skills;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure, make decisions, and problem solving;
- Self-motivated, flexible, and resilient, able to take initiative and work independently;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines with willingness to travel to the field independently.
- Excellent computer skills, fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluent in written & spoken English/ Arabic with technical report writing.;
- Valid local driver's license.
All applications should be accompanied by a Cover Letter and a CV in English and contact details of two reference person. Applications without Cover Letter and clear reference to this specific announcement will not be considered.
Submit your CV, Cover Letter and References to:
with indication of the position reference in the subject line (Engineer Supervisor/Gaza/01-2021)