Job Title: Field Coordinator (engineer)
Country & Base of posting: Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territory
Report to: Gaza Head of Base
Duration: 12 months (3 months’ probation + 9 months)
WeWorld-GVC (WW-GVC) is an Italian independent organization born from the merge between GVC NGO (founded in Bologna in 1971) and WeWorld Foundation (founded in Milan in 1999), with the aim of increasing the impact of their development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 27 countries with 160 projects, reaching over 7 million direct beneficiaries, WW-GVC has been working continuously in Palestine since 1992, acting both in humanitarian aid and development to provide Palestinian communities access to basic services and available natural resources, strengthen their protection and enhancing socio-economic and local development. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
Joining the WW-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organization where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.
We World-GVC focuses strategically on these main sectors:
- Local Development and Governance;
- Integrate Water Resource Management;
- LRRD: Linking Relief, Rehabilitation and Development;
- Integrated Protection;
- Gender mainstream, special attention to vulnerable categories, community-based approach and good governance are cross-cutting issues included in all We World GVC interventions.
We World-GVC is a member of the Global WASH Cluster and is part of the WASH and Health Clusters - State of Palestine, and particularly a member of the WASH cluster Strategic Advisory Board, and leading the WASH in Health Working Group.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver high-quality results in line with WeWorld-GVC strategy in a way that maintains the reputation of the organization among stakeholders and peer organizations;
- comply with WeWorld-GVC policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures;
- perform any other relevant tasks/missions within reason that might be assigned by the line manager.
- Responsible in the elaboration of BoQ and specifications for any given activity, including the financial planning of the related expenses and the assurance of consistency between the initial identified costs and the final actual expenses for any given activity;
- checking the delivered materials to be in compliance with technical specifications;
- in charge of the preparing adequate Bill of Quantities and technical drawings within the Projects scope, under the supervision of the Project Managers/coordinator;
- measuring the exact executed works and reporting that to Project Manager/coordinator;
- in charge of the Plan for GIS mapping in line with WeWorld-GVC methodology and procedures, as well as assuring the timely production of the GIS maps, under the supervision of the Project managers and in coordination with Information Manager;
- activities cost control, forecasting, quantity survey and keep update with market prices and fluctuation;
- conducting regular field visits to coordinate, implement and monitor activities and collecting data in accordance with the project’s needs;
- documenting methods, good practices, experiences, and results from the targeted communities and partners;
- Follow up the daily field works, including supervising the works implemented either by people or contractors;
- assist in the implementation of the action plan, review achievement and constraints and provide feedbacks accordingly;
- identify bottlenecks or problems at the field level, report them and advance possible solutions;
- communicate permanently with target communities to explain the character of the programme, risks involved, possibilities, etc.;
- responsible for management of information related to WW-GVC activities on the field;
- assist on collecting security information on a daily basis and update the Gaza Head of Base and the Security officer/focal point about any concern/change in the field;
- assist in tender preparation and technical support in evaluating the activities;
- assure that the weekly plans of the field operation staff are accurately prepared, timely reported, and their implementation is consistent;
- assist Project Managers in coordinating, managing and supervising Field office staff;
- supporting on monitoring project indicators of WW-GVC field activities;
- preparation of technical handover documents in consultation with the Project Managers/coordinatoras and the Gaza Head of Base;
- preparation of a weekly and monthly report on activities progress in consultation with the Project Managers and the Gaza Head of Base;
- to organize and conduct field surveys and assessments, and to support both program and operational units at field level;
- assist in administrative tasks for the office;
- supporting the logistics of the activities at the field level including the elaborating of the field staff movement plan;
- assist in reviewing databases and data tracking tools of diverse projects in order to maintain data quality and to be compliant with the requirements of donors and WW-GVC;
- supporting in the identification and elaboration of new project proposals;
- assist Gaza Head of Base and the Project Managers in preparing inception reports, workplans and regular donor progress and impact reports for the program by providing the needed information;
- support on the preparation of the MOUs with stakeholders and/or communities; agreements with beneficiaries or any related field supported documents and Creation of project committees in the communities and with local Authorities;
- attending and following up on the Clusters/working group meetings upon request of the Gaza head of Base.
Works in coordination with
- Public health officer
- Project Managers/Coordinator
- Gaza Program Officer
- WeWorld-GVC WASH expert
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BSc. Civil engineering from an accredited university with 3 years of proven experience in field work and liaison with local communities and beneficiaries.
- Proven experience of WASH in Health intervention and Previous work experience with international NGOs
- Knowledge of contract conditions, subcontract documents, drawings, specifications, and surveying instruments.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as proposals, guidelines, procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Professional knowledge in MS office, AutoCad, MS Project, water and wastewater modeling software.
- Professional knowledge of GIS.
- Valid driving license.
- Ability to collect, analyze, interpret and present data professionally;
- Analytical, flexible, unbiased approach.
- Ability to draw conclusions from examinations of extensive data, reports, procedures, and site visits and explain these clearly and concisely in written reports.
- Ability to suggest realistic and feasible solutions that reflect resource constraints to support step-wise improvement, particularly for WASH and Shelter interventions.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually, and to translate these into concrete results.
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors, and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/ leaders.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit, and positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business networks and partnerships for continued growth.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrates integrity with regard to NGO values and ethical standards.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project.
المسمى الوظيفي Field Coordinator (Engineer)
آخر موعد للتقديم 13 - Apr - 2022
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
Interested candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter, both in English and Position in the email subject, to [email protected] no later than 13/04/2022
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة We World - GVC ONLUS
Development Project Manager
رام الله والبيرة, الخليل, طوبا...
Hydraulic Modeling Engineer
Public Health Officer
Information Management Officer
قطاع غزة, رام الله والبيرة
Procurement – Logistics Coordinator
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
Procurement and Logistic Officer
Information Management Officer (soft-ware developer)
2, Dec, 2021
31, Oct, 2021