Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Employability Coach (two coaches)
For a period of 12 months commencing upon signature of the project contract.
In the framework of food security and livelihoods programming in the Gaza Strip, the Employability Coach will support Economic Development Officer in the field implementation, monitoring and evaluation of employability activities. The Employability Coach will collaborate fully with the FSL team in developing and carrying out coaching of groups and individual beneficiaries on life skills and technical skills for employment, in order to support their enrolment in the labour market. She/he will also assist in assessing beneficiaries’ skills, interests and required development in order to direct them towards needed professional and vocational trainings, networking and brokering with potential employers to secure opportunities for beneficiaries.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Training and Coaching
- Prepare, plan and carry out group training sessions with rights holders.
- Participate in the announcement of the project and beneficiary selection.
- Define, in coordination with the team, the activities work plan related to employment skills development.
- Training of rights holders participating in the project on the different topics related to employability
- Prepare all training materials and work methodology to develop the employability technical training together with the Economic Development Officer.
- Establish a work plan with the participants of the project to develop and implement clear training objectives.
- Assist the beneficiaries in developing Curriculum Vitae (CV), cover letters and other documents for job application
- Propose solutions and improvements relating to project progress.
- Assist in preparing and updating beneficiary databases for each group.
- Participate in the data collection for project activity evaluation or for communication purposes under the supervision of the Economic Development Officer.
- Assist in preparing monitoring plans and implementation procedures for each activity.
- Support the Economic Development Officer in mapping potential host employers and building relations.
- Support project beneficiaries to create networks and connections in the market to secure job opportunities
- Contribute to maintain Stakeholders database
- Contribute to the organization of networking events
Reporting and Capitalization
- Weekly reporting of field activities to the Economic Development Officer (materials delivered, work achieved, beneficiaries’ attendance, obstacles and constraints) taking into consideration reporting requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly "Activity Progress Reports" (APRs) and submit them to the Head of Project and Programs Manager
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the capitalization process of the final products that are generated from the project: manuals, guides, etc
- Participate in the preparation and collection of data for communication, advocacy and capitalization purposes (case studies, etc).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in Social Sciences: Psychology, Pedagogy, Social Education, Development Studies, Administration and Management, Social Work, Sociology or ant related field.
- Team management and group dynamics.
- Social integration and ability to work with groups at risk of social exclusion.
- Knowledge of career plans development.
- Proven relevant field experience in livelihoods activities in the Gaza context.
- Minimum of 2 years in life skills training and/or personal development support.
- Past experience in supervising Cash for Work projects, and creating partnerships with the private sector will be an asset.
- Knowledge in humanitarian and development programming is a plus.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
From 56,364 ILS to 65,820 ILS gross/ year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, Action Against Hunger covers food and transportation allowances for a fully worked month.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 07/12/2021.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.