An-Najah National University Hospital (NNUH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Emergency Room Doctor
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The Emergency Room (ER) doctor is responsible for the care of all the patients arriving into the emergency room while on duty. This includes assessment, evaluation, stabilization and provision of appropriate care to patients presenting at the ER. The doctor’s responsibilities extend until the patient safely leaves the ER or care is handed over to another provider. As part of the job, the ER doctor is expected to participate in medical staff responsibilities and perform administrative functions as needed.
- Manage ER operations while on duty.
- Perform prompt assessments and evaluations on patients presenting at the ER.
- Conduct through examination of patients to determine their care needs.
- Promote early and appropriate response to patients according to triage levels.
- Act as the team leader in the event of a patient emergency and direct other staff accordingly.
- Develop and oversee plan of care for each patient.
- Request appropriate medical tests and diagnostics.
- Interpret diagnostic findings in a timely manner.
- Order and administer treatments in accordance with care plan.
- Perform medical and surgical procedures in accordance with scope of practice and granted privileges.
- Consult other specialists based on patient condition and care needs.
- Organize discharges, admission to the hospital or transfer to another facility with the respective stakeholders.
- Provide patients with complete discharge instructions.
- Respond to in-hospital emergencies; as needed.
- Supervise residents working the ER.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the medical leadership.
- Comply with hospital policies and procedures.
- Participate in quality and performance improvement activities.
- function as a hospitalist if needed.
- Board Certified doctor in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery or related specialty.
- Valid licenses to practice speciality in Palestine.
- Experience in emergency medical care.
- Demonstrated skills in performing ER procedures such as intubation, central lines, intraosseous access, chest tube placement, wound suturing, etc.
- Valid ACLS and PALS certification.
- Valid ATLS certification (preferred).
- Good command of the English Language.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work night shifts with rotating shifts as needed including weekends.
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application no later than 05 March, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest to join An -Najah National University Hospital (NNUH). All Applicants will be notified of the result of the employment application by email.
NNUH wishes all applicants success in their professional endeavors.