Generic Function: Specialiste / Officer
JobTitle: Emergency Project officer
Reports to (Functional): Head of Jerusalem and West Bank Office
Salary level: Grade 4/level 2
Working time in% : 100%
Supervises (Number of subordinates): Direct: 0 Indirect: 0
Work location (Country + city): Jerusalem
Job Duration: 3 months start date July 15, 2021 to October 15, 2021
General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading worldwide reference on child protection, which accumulates over 40 years of experience in the Palestinian context. Tdh aims at contributing to develop and to improve child protection systems, including within the humanitarian sector. Tdh’s strategic plan creates a comprehensive framework for action that combines axes on operations, advocacy, research and quality and accountability, with a view to creating lasting and meaningful change in the lives of children. Responding to the last escalation in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, Tdh implements humanitarian response interventions including provision of MHPSS to affected people. Under its humanitarian response, Tdh is seeking a qualified Emergency Project Officer, who will be responsible for the implementation of a SWISS Solidarity-funded project entitled " Response to emergency needs of the population that is most affected by the conflict in Gaza and the West Bank=’"
As part of the Project Implementation Team of the present mandate, and under the supervision of the Head of Office, and the technical support of the Emergency Coordinator, the Emergency Project Officer is in charge of planning, organizing and monitoring all the activities related to the emergency response grant. The Emergency Project Officer provides technical assistance and coaching to the supported CSOs/CBOs partners and ensures quality implementation and effective budgeting and expenditures. He/she is in charge of the implementation of the MEAL plan for the project.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
Activities management and implementation:
- Ensure all project activities are implemented on a timely and quality manner in accordance with standards and in full compliance with the donor requirements as specified in project contract;
- Collaborate with the Head of JLM office and the Finance department to ensure the analysis of monthly variance, coordinate budget forecasts and if necessary, requests of budget approval to the donor;
- Regularly compiles project reports as per agreed reporting schedule and the format of reporting;
- Ensure appropriate programme quality standards are used in the design, implementation and close out of the emergency response program, including SPHERE, IASC Guidelines on MHPSS in Emergencies, Child Protection Minimum Standards, INEE Mini Minimum Standards for Education Preparedness, Response and Recovery and the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
- Manage the relationship with the partners
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Ensure child meaningful participation in the project
- Provides technical and operational support and guidance to the project team and partners as necessary following child protection standards and project related thematic such as cash based, etc.
- Review project and activities as necessary to include gender, disability and child protection minimum standards in all Tdh activities.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Participate in various assessment exercise related to local partners
- Participate in the process of establishing and finalizing the overall project MEAL framework led by the Regional Q&A Coordinator;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Prepare and update regularly the Project Follow Up sheet
- Review all the financial & programmatic reports from local partners and ensure that they meet the requirements agreed through necessary mitigation actions;
- Regularly monitor the timely implementation of all activities in the project areas based on the MEAL plan;
- Ensure proper documentation and archiving of the project information related to sub-grants setting up and maintaining of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal documentation;
- Ensure compliance to Accountability to population measures and full functioning of community feedback mechanism.
- Ensure that project information is shared and updated with project beneficiaries and stakeholders; and
- Contribute in the development of publications and other promotional materials in the framework of the project, as needed.
Compliance and Due diligence:
- Ensure that the action and its activities are fully in line with donor’s procedures, rules and regulation and with the standards of Tdh in Palestine;
- Commit to respect the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Tdh Code of Conduct and Tdh Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy, Gender and Diversity Policy.
- Be proactive with respect to the aforementioned policies and show leadership to all Tdh staff.
- Report cases of abuse on children as identified.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
- Coordinate as required with all relevant stakeholders at field; ensure professionalism and high profile to all interactions internal and external to Tdh, with particular attention to representation with institutional interlocutors.
- Maintain relations with protection, CP, Education, SGBV and MHPSS actors in the area of intervention as requested by his/her line manger
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations
- Participate in updating security plans, as needed.
- Understands and applies security policies, and fraud prevention policies
- Respect Child Safeguarding Policy, PSEA, Gender and Diversity Policy of Tdh and other institutional policies;
- Participate in the organization of launching and closing events;
- Any other duty as required by the supervisor.
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
1. Shows determination and proactivity.
2. Shows flexibility, availability and adaptability.
3. Communicates in a clear concise and responsible way.
4. Masters the tools and applications both general and activity-specific based.
5. Produce high quality reports
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements for the position
- A bachelor’s degree social science, or other relevant degree in line with the position responsibilities.
- Knowledge and interest of gender issues, MHPSS and ability to mainstream gender considerations into programming.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar position preferably with an INGO.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge of and professional experience in the children’s rights field (Child protection), and SGBV, MHPSS in the humanitarian aid/development context;
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency of English & Arabic languages is required.
- Expertise in project cycle management, detailed knowledge of concepts, processes and tools, and experience in leading participative processes;
- Awareness and knowledge of ethical issues related to project management: gender equality, fairness and do no harm;
- Valid driving license with no restrictions.
- Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter and should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected] Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
- Deadline for applications is July 4, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
- Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
- Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
- The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection.