Emergency Field Coordinator, Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance Project (Anticipated) - Three Positions
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) is an international non-governmental development and relief organisation, working worldwide to provide food, shelter, economic self-sufficiency, and hope. All assistance is provided on the basis of need alone. IOCC has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza (JWBG) since 1997 providing assistance to vulnerable Palestinians and communities through various emergency relief and/or development programs.
IOCC is seeking highly skilled staff to be hired for the following position of an anticipated Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance Project:
Emergency Field Coordinator, Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance Project: Three positions, duration 6 months (approximately), renewable upon availability of funding.
Summary of the Position:
The Emergency Field Coordinator will work under the direction and supervision of the Project Officer- Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance Project, and the Program Director, IOCC Gaza Field Office in the management, implementation, supervision and monitoring of IOCC-JWBG Project: Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance. S/he will be supervising the coordination, logistical, administrative and technical components of the work, and will be required to liaise and work closely with IOCC partners, beneficiaries and the IOCC-JWBG Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant.
IOCC Gaza Field Office – Gaza and Northern Gaza Governorates, with very frequent field work at marginalized localities in these two governorates.
These will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Under the direct supervision and close coordination of the Project Officer - Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance Project, undertakes the emergency response and assistance work in all targeted governorates and communities as scheduled.
- Perform the assigned tasks including; coordination with local partner organizations, beneficiaries identification and assessment of their needs, developing beneficiary lists, supervise and document the delivery of assistance to the project beneficaries.
- Supervise the work of the project social workers and partner CBOs staff in conducting home visits to the potential beneficiary households included in the beneficiary lists for conducting social and vulnerability study for each of the families identified, to verify their vulnerability and eligibility to receive the project support.
- Supervise the distribution of assistance including the delivery of invitations, with a distribution coupon enclosed, to the families included in the beneficiary list.
- Supervise the receive of commodities at partner CBOs’ designated transition warehouses, and ensures delivering these commodities to beneficiaries in a very accurate and transparent manner, based on the set time schedules and ensures the documentation of receiving these commodities by the project beneficiaries.
- Conduct field monitoring to beneficiaries and local supermarkets and groceries participating in food voucher assistance, to ensure the accurate and transparent implementation of food voucher processes.
- Supervise and document the attendance and work of the skilled and unskilled labors participating in the project’s Cash-for-Work scheme.
- Coordinate, monitor and follow-up of the IOCC-JWBG local partners of the project.
- As directed/requested, to take part in the monitoring and evaluation process for Gaza Emergency Response and Assistance Project, including post-distribution beneficiaries’ satisfaction surveys.
- Provide the Project Officer with daily field reports.
- Commitment to offer more volunteer time dedicated for the work purposes, if needed.
- As directed/requested, to provide data and information necessary for the preparation and provision of project reports, success stories, tracking all implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Skills: Community work technical and social work skills; interpersonal communication skills; advanced verbal communication skills; fluency in Arabic and English; presentation and tutoring skills, computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Windows package; and good reporting skills.
Competencies: Ability to build strong personal and community relationships with all project stakeholders and beneficiaries, partner organization, beneficiaries and other contacts; sensitivity to cultural conditions and practices; tenacity in observing procedures, regulations, local laws and other requirements in implementing and maintaining IOCC programs; ability to think strategically, analyze issues, and make appropriate recommendations.
Education: University Degree in relevant field of study.
Experience: A minimum of Three-year experience in working on similar projects is preferred, working with international/local development and relief organizations, preferably in the country of assignment; focusing on emergency response and community work and project implementation.
المسمى الوظيفي Emergency Field Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم 12 - Jul - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
Interested candidates should send their C.V. together with a cover letter stating their relevant experience to the following e-mail:
The closing date for applications is COB 12 July, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة International Orthodox Christian Charities - IOCC
Consultant, Monitoring and Evaluation
Community Health Field Coordinator (3)
11, Nov, 2020
Community Technical/Vocational Training Center Coordinator
3, Feb, 2020
Administrative Assistant & Data Entry
19, Nov, 2019
Community Health Field Coordinator (CHFC)
19, Nov, 2019
Trainers and Instructors – TVET
7, Nov, 2019