The UN Agencies active in Palestine (UN Country Team) requested the one UN HR group to establish a One UN Roster that is made of the most frequently required positions. The following Generic Vacancy Announcements support the establishment of this One UN Roster. The Roster will be a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates, and it serves the purpose of fast-tracking recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the respective One UN Roster for a period of 24 months. While placement on the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is going to be an important resource for filling future vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE COMPLETED UNDP P-11 FORM WILL BE TREATED AS INCOMPLETE AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
UNDP P11 form (new Personal History form) (google.com) Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement serves the purpose of creating a One UN Roster in Palestine. The Roster will be used to expedite the hiring of personnel whenever a UN entity/Agency in the State of Palestine needs personnel contracting services in the respective area.
This Generic Vacancy Announcement is exclusively intended for Electrical Engineer Service Contract positions at SB4 level in any UN entities operating in the State of Palestine. The One UN Roster is a list of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates intended to fast-track recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates will be placed in the Electrical Engineer Roster. While placement in the Roster does not guarantee a position, it is an important resource for filling vacancies. Candidates placed on the Roster will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
Purpose for the job
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for providing a variety of specialized tasks, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with the UN Agency’s rules and regulations. The below tasks are expected to be carried out with a high level of independence.
Summary of Key Functions (The functions are generic and therefore not inclusive of all duties nor are all duties carried out by all Electrical Engineers):
- Technical support to programme formulation
- Provides Technical support to the Infrastructure & Engineering Programme Unit
- Liaise with counterparts and project staff
- Perform other duties as required
- Technical support to formulation of programme strategies and the Country Programme Action Plan.
- Assist the Program Analyst (PA) and Project managers (PMs) in collecting data and assure proper communications with stake holders.
- Segregate and prepare presentation of information for identification of areas for support in close coordination and collaboration with the unit team.
- Provides Technical support to the Infrastructure & Engineering Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review electrical designs and bill of quantities in accordance with International codes and concerned practices
- Review and verify the projects documents, drawings and bill of quantities prepared by consultants to verify them and ensure the technical soundness and correctness of the design.
- Check and approve material and equipment incorporated in the works, ensuring compliance with designs, specification, instructions and safety regulations, as per contractual agreements.
- Approve quality of workmanship pertaining to Electrical and electro- mechanical activities, thus following up material sampling and testing.
- Review, update and provide technical advice regarding the project relevant technical electrical specifications.
- Assists the Project Manager in preparing payments submitted by contractors and consultants, reviews measurement sheets for the periodic payment of the work.
- Liaise and Coordinate with the local authorities, counterparts to identify relevant projects' components and needs in order to achieve proper planning and timely and smooth implementation of the project.
- Conduct on-site observations of the work in progress and direct the Contractor to necessary measures which would avoid possible risks affecting the safety of people and properties in the vicinity.
- Review and verify the construction documents of the project (design, bill of quantities, drawings, and technical specifications) to ensure their accuracy and applicability.
- Check and verify materials and equipment submittals for their compliance with the design and specifications.
- Check the Contractor’s works and notify the Contractor of any defects found with regards to the quality of the workmanship or materials and equipment incorporated in the project, including those found in performing the required sampling and testing.
- Review the Contractor’s work schedules and updates thereof; closely monitor the work progress and budget depletion to ensure compliance with the project duration and cost.
- Review the shop drawings and as-built drawings submitted by the contractor.
- Measure, record and review payment requests for the executed works submitted by the contractor.
- Participate in the regular site coordination meetings with the technical project personnel and counterpart engineers to discuss the issues in connection with the construction activities.
- Liaise with counterparts and project staff to establishing proper channels for cooperation and communication focusing on achieving the following results:
- Coordinate and communicate with different stakeholders and beneficiaries and assist in collecting the required data.
- Support to increase awareness of organizational processes through dissemination of information and guidance among counterparts to complement their obligations against mutual agreements.
- Assist in keeping the Infrastructure team communication plans in place and effective with feedback on gaps and remedial actions to the team.
- Perform other duties as required
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Development Effectiveness: Project Management
Development Effectiveness: Report Writing
Management Solutions: Quality Assurance
People Management: Communications
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in electrical/mechanic engineering or other related area from an accredited university
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience on projects of similar nature.
- Valid driving license and automobile is an asset
- Membership in the Palestinian Engineers Association to be an asset
Fluency in both Arabic and English. Spoken and written.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة