Deadline for Applications 26 July 2020
Contract type & Duration Limited Duration Contract Band “E”/S1 till the end of the year; renewable; Appointment subject to funding confirmation.
Vacancy Announcement Number VN/WB/064/2020/X
Duty Station & Department Hebron- Infrastructure and Camp Improvement Programme
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA’s human development goals
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. UNRWA has identified four human development goals as the focus of the Agency’s operations in committing to fostering human development of Palestine refugees by helping them to: lead long and healthy lives, acquire knowledge and skills, achieve decent standards of living and enjoy human rights to the fullest possible extent.
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 4,000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees.
Is responsible to the Field Eligibility and Registration Officer.
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures:
- Provides technical supervision of all electrical works for Agency projects (maintenance and construction)
- Prepares and checks accuracy of tenders and bids in respect of electrical works and verifies designs when required
- Provides electrical maintenance back-up for all UNRWA installations in the Field
- Prepares letters, reports, payments measurements and final bills to contractors, verifies claims before payments are processed
- Follow up with electrical authorities in the West Bank to provide electrical connections and services to Agency installations.
- Updates the electrical specifications in Agency projects in accordance with those established by the electrical authorities and ensure implementation of standards.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Conditions of service
Monthly basic salary JD 1025.3
Other benefits include:
- ✔ Dependency Allowances payable and other benefits+ (Medical Insurance) & Currency Adjustment Factor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
A university degree in Electrical Engineering.
At least seven years’ experience in the field of design, supervision and consultancy at electrical works including big projects like hospitals, schools and health centers.
Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Possession of a valid driving license.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة