Tomorrow’s Youth Organization (TYO) is an innovative organization that provides holistic, multi-generational programs to transform the lives of Palestinians. TYO developed its model in close collaboration with local communities and engages children, youth, and parents in productive, formative, and fulfilling activities. Our programming bridges divides of age, socio-economic status, religion, gender, and culture to form a more peaceful global community. We prioritize the acquisition of sustainable skills, such as creativity, peaceful communication, identity building, and problem solving, that will serve our participants throughout their lives. Through this integrated approach, TYO participants acquire tangible skills for life and work, while also becoming healthier, more self-confident, and hopeful about their potential to contribute to their community’s brighter future. We have a diverse and multicultural team that ensures that we are constantly learning from each other. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
TYO is seeking an Education Programs Manager who will support the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of our education programs, which include early childhood education (ages 2-5) to help children build a strong foundation in the first years of their lives and academic intervention (grades 1-6) to support children with their school subjects and socioemotional growth; as well as Tawjihi support for high school (grades 11-12).
S/he is responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the program, leading professional development, contributing to program design and strategy, developing systems to sustain and improve program quality, supporting program monitoring and evaluation, and supporting program design and grant writing.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
What You'll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Provide strategic direction to sustainably expand and improve our Education Program to best serve beneficiaries and help TYO become a key player in Palestine’s nonprofit ecosystem and beyond.
- Oversee teaching team on a day-to-day basis through observation and training to ensure best practices and implementation of curriculum across programs.
- Review and improve current Education Program curriculums and their implementation in programs. Develop curriculum for new TYO programs and continue to improve current curriculum.
- Improve and document program protocols and procedures to ensure the scalability, replicability, and consistent quality of the Education Program.
- Support with program design and grant writing to ensure the consistent funding of our programs.
- Provide thought leadership on early childhood and youth development, education, mental health, and socioemotional learning, staying on top of innovations in the field.
- Support the preparation of high quality, accurate and timely reports for funders and project partners as required.
- Assist M&E Specialist to develop assessment tools for TYO programs to evaluate curriculum and implementation.
- Support with any other tasks as requested by the Country Director and as needed by the organization.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work, or related field is required
- At least 5 years of experience in education team management and in providing team members with mentorship, information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives– especially in the classroom;
- Knowledge of Ministry of Education curriculum and experience in public school or UNRWA school system
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to design and implement effective professional development with teaching team and larger TYO team on topics such as teaching methodologies and trauma informed approaches
- Ability to gain support from staff across teams and to build the capacity of others with cross-cultural, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform tasks independently with little to no direction or oversight.
- Strong experience with integrating socioemotional learning and arts into education programs
- Strong understanding of early childhood development and the design and implementation of quality early childhood education programs
- Deep knowledge of the Palestinian curriculum and the local education context along with international trends
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of Palestine
- Deep passion and long-term commitment to supporting the sustainable development of marginalized communities in Palestine and beyond
- Ability and willingness to be very flexible and accommodating in changing project needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic; English is preferred
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below