The Bethlehem Arab Society for Rehabilitation (BASR) is a non-profit, non-government organization. BASR is nationally recognized for its comprehensive, specialized, inclusive health, rehabilitation and development programs, and for its services rendered to the Palestinian population, particularly persons with disabilities. BASR offers services through its varied centre-based, outreach and community-based programs. For further information about BASR, please visit www.basr.org.
BASR is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title: Education Officer
Location: Beit-Jala with frequent travels to disadvantaged local communities in the West Bank
Accountable To: Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Program Manager
Contract: Full time one year contract with possibility of extension.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Coordinate and oversee special and inclusive education interventions in target local communities, according to BASR policies, strategies, work plans, budget and other guidelines.
- Provide technical guidance to staff in all areas of special and inclusive education for teachers in regular schools and community centres, and monitor the progress of desired outcomes.
- Establish, maintain and update information related to all students with disabilities in the target local communities.
- Support programme efforts to advocate for quality, equitable and inclusive education for people with disabilities.
- Assist the Programme Manager in planning, budgeting, staffing and training activities related to education units.
- Develop training materials, support guides, and improve teaching and learning aids for students with disabilities.
- Liaise with other stakeholders at local, national or international levels to promote inclusive education and environment for students with disabilities.
- Participate in key inclusive education groups and networks at local and national levels aimed at promoting inclusion, equity and social justice.
- Produce reports and updates detailing the progress made with regular schools and community centres, and identify key areas of improvement.
- Coach and mentor education professionals, identify training needs, give recommendations and ensure they have appropriate skills, knowledge and training to perform job functions.
- Promote gender equality, non-discrimination, and protection of students with disabilities in the targeted communities.
- Participate in workshops, seminars and conferences organized by the CBR programme aimed at promoting the inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Promotes good coordination and cooperation with CBR partners including government institutions, NGOs, community-based organizations and other relevant stakeholders.
- Work for active community participation in education and inclusion projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognized University. A Bachelor’s Degree in either Special or Inclusive Education or Early Childhood Development (ECD) would be preferable.
- Proven experience of implementing community-based education projects.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience, especially within an NGO.
- 3-4 year experience in teaching children with disabilities.
- Knowledge of screening and early identification of disabilities.
- Knowledge of and experience in teacher training in areas of special and inclusive education.
- Related research, data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Knowledge and skills in resource center management.
- Community mobilization and networking skills.
- Ability to prepare teaching and learning materials.
- Basic knowledge of planning, reporting, organizing, budgeting and management skills.
- Technical skills in identifying, procuring, training and use of specialized equipment, e.g., audiometers, speech kits, Braille machines, low vision devices, etc.
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills in Arabic and English.
- Supervision and team building skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites.
- Ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Ability to cope with stress and work under pressure.
- Ability to represent CBR in national and international forums.
- Strong computer skills.
- A valid driving license is preferable.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience. Email your application to [email protected] no later than 20 June 2020. Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or are received after the closing date, will not be eligible.
Applications from candidates with disabilities are especially welcome, and women are encouraged to apply.
All applications will be handled in strict confidence.