The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Mission in Jerusalem, is seeking qualified and motivated candidate to fill in the following position:
Economic Security Generalist
Purpose of the position
Economic Security Generalist 2 plans, implements and monitors the ICRC’s economic security (EcoSec) programme in line with the country strategy and under the supervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior.
- The candidate will support the development, implementation and management of research and analytical work on social and economic issues in the West Bank and in Gaza under the direction of the Economic Security Coordinator.
- She/he will provide strong support for the data collection and analysis of household survey on multidimensional poverty, vulnerability, social protection and cash transfer schemes.
- The candidate will update and complete Economic Analysis on identified topics and present the results to Donor Agencies, Embassies, National/International Organizations, Civil Society, etc.
- She/he will identify, design, implement, monitor and evaluate small interventions in the West Bank in support and coordination with other Departments, Sub Delegations.
- The candidate is asked to support colleagues in Gaza in the design of assessment, monitoring, evaluation models for the improvement of the assistance delivered.
Education & professional experience:
- University Degree in economics or similar field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience required; either in a private sector, public sector, or non-profit environment.
- Good analysis skills coupled with knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Capable of developing positive relations with stakeholders and with interlocutors, contributes to creating a healthy working environment.
- Other: Experience with mapping and data visualization tools is an advantage, as is experience working with IT professionals. Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Word, Excel, share point.
Soft Skills required
- Presentable and friendly
- Very Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated and quick learner
- Multi-tasker, calm, detail-oriented and organized.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a résumé and a motivation letter, in English, no later than 15 December 2018 to [email protected].