MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution, established in January 1989 and registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA'AN is currently seeking to recruit a competent and qualified Economic Support Specialist for the project: "Enhancing resilience of local population through the promotion of inclusive health services, re-construction and enhanced emergency preparedness to mitigate the impact of future crises" which currently being implemented by MAAN Development Center in partnership with Humanity and Inclusion (HI), funded by the Federal German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project's specific objective is "Enforcing persons with disabilities (PwDs) access to basic and specialised services at time of crisis and post emergency through construction/rehabilitation of accessible infrastructure and humanitarian and development actor’s empowerment. The 3rd specific outcome of the project is "basic needs of poor households living with disabilities affected by COVID 19 crisis are secured through temporary food assistance and sustainable economic recovery and thanks to the active contribution of their family members with disabilities". As part of this project, MA'AN will undertake a set of activities that aim at supporting the economic recovery of a group of people with disabilities and their households who are most affected by Covid-19. The activities will include developing business plans, conducting in-depth assessments addressing issues related to the success of the livelihood projects for the target group, and providing training and coaching on business management, marketing, and financial management. The Economic Support Specialist will be in charge of the management of the project activities and will work under the direct supervision of MA’AN's Programs Officer.
Position Title: Economic Support Specialist
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: program officer
Project duration: 14 months, from: 01 May 2021 to 30 June 2022
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Follow up the implementation of the project activities and ensure the quality of implementation and compliance with the regulations and requirements of the donor.
- Develop the ToRs for the different consultancy assignments and participate in the evaluation of the received offers to ensure the selection of the most qualified service providers.
- Follow up with the consultants who will deliver the consultancy assignments to ensure that deliverables are being developed in accordance with the technical requirements.
- Participate effectively in developing the project implementation methods and techniques, monitor implementation, and provide feedback and recommendation for improving the work being done.
- Coordinate with the M&E team to ensure effective implementation of the M&E activities and provide required support when needed.
- Work closely with other departments including finance and logistics to facilitate the effective and smooth implementation of the project activities.
- Prepare reports in both Arabic and English languages to the direct supervisor and donor.
- Participate in meetings and workshops relevant to the project that are organized by MA'AN or the donor on behalf of MA'AN Development Center.
- Any other tasks required by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in business administration or any other relevant fields. Master's Degree is a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of economic empowerment, especially for people with disabilities.
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of income-generating projects, especially with local or international non-governmental organizations.
- Deep understanding and strong knowledge of economic recovery principles and local market requirements and constraints.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following:
Download employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
Fill in the employment application and save the document with the name of applicant and the position.
Fill in the required information in the following link: https://forms.gle/zpDxfoiPhDUQrAuWA
Attach employment application in within the previous link.
Applications will not be considered if employment application is not attached in the previous link.
Applications will only be accepted until Wednesday 21 April 2021.