The ICRC is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. It takes action in response to emergencies and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law and its implementation in national law.
ICRC is looking for a motivated and committed candidate who will bring creative and different ideas, dedication and energy to join our team in Ramallah Office.
Potsition: Economic Security Generalist 2
Contract duration: 12 months (including 3 months' probationary period)
Occupation rate: 100%
Starting Date: January 2023
- Is in charge of overall planning, implementation and monitoring of EcoSec programs in his AoR of the West Bank, with particular focus on livelihood support interventions (MEIs, livestock, agriculture).
- Proposes and designs interventions following inclusive engagement with the affected communities to assess their needs and priorities
- Organizes field trips and keeps contact with interlocutors, including beneficiaries and their representatives
- Ensures effective and timely response to house demolitions and liaises with the PRCS to organize the assessment and distribution of assistance
- Is responsible for the all administrative procedures of the programs
- Organizes specific EcoSec related meetings and participate in general ones
- Ensures good cooperation with PRCS volunteers and other partners
- Develop and maintain good relation with external interlocutors and partners.
- Is the focal person for all technical questions related to livestock, animal health, animal husbandry and animal production.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in relevant field (e.g., agronomy, animal production, social sciences).
- Minimum of 2-3 years' work experience within the humanitarian sector.
- Strong knowledge and experience in project-cycle management
- Relevant experience in projects revolving around livestock health management, animal husbandry, livestock farm management.
- Data analysis and visualization (including maps) skills are a strong asset.
- Very good command of spoken and written English.
- Proficient computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Good geographical knowledge of the West Bank, including the Jordan Valley
- Availability to travel almost on a daily basis throughout the West-Bank and spend long hours on the road/in the field.
- Valid (Manual) Driving License
How to Apply, to be checked by HR
Interested applicants must submit a in English CV, a motivation letter, copy of educational and work certificates, by 19 November 2022 latest, to [email protected], indicating in the subject line: Economic Security Generalist 2_Application_Your name. Short list only will be communicated.
For more information about the ICRC and its activities in Israel & Occupied Territories please visit our following sites: https://www.icrc.org/en/where-we-work/middle-east/israel-and-occupied-territories https://blogs.icrc.org/ilot/