Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Economic Development Officer
For a period of 12 months commencing upon signature of the project contract.
In the framework of food security and livelihoods programming in Gaza, the Economic development officer will support the Head of Project, and team members, in the implementation, monitoring and field evaluation of projects. The Economic development officer will collaborate fully with the Head of Project in general tasks like designing business support process (from call for application to final selection) based on market assessment and value chain analysis findings;
developing market linkages strategies for small businesses and job placements; supporting Employability coaches and Business Coach and trainer in delivering employability trainings, business training and coaching of interns and small businesses.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Planning and Implementation of Economic Development Activities
- Responsible for the planning of activities for employability and business creation in collaboration with the team
- Responsible to draft budget activities forecast reporting to Recovery Head of Project
- Coordinate with logistics and finance departments for the organization and implementation of activities.
- Lead beneficiary selection process with support of team guided by head of project (including announcement, technical evaluation, and interviews).
- Participate in preparing ToRs for technical trainings and assessments and coordinate with external service providers to deliver specific trainings and assessments
- Assist team by reviewing and developing relevant business training and coaching tools or employability tools aligned with AAH VIVES methodology.
- Assist heads of project maintaining beneficiary database with up-to-date information and tracking of beneficiaries’ progress and challenges.
- Assist in preparing monitoring plans and implementation procedures for each activity.
- Conduct regular field visits to the project sites and provide the needed technical support.
- Propose solutions and improvements relating to project progress.
Business and Employability Partnerships Development
- Identify key stakeholders for business and pathways partnerships, define partnership strategy and support head of project to manage the relationships with the pertinent stakeholders and actors.
- Liaise and network with private sector entities, and other relevant actors to create market linkages opportunities through specific activities/initiatives in the relevant sectors to identify internship placements and enhance business development of the targeted beneficiaries and strengthen their linkages to the markets.
- Support business coaches by providing legal frameworks and procedures regarding business creation and development.
- Collect and update context information regarding business development trends and partnerships to support the development of the FSL strategy.
HR & Team Management
- Participate in the recruitment process for positions related to the project that are directly managed
- Evaluate team members upon the completion of a staff members probation period and in the yearly appraisal and to ensure sufficient induction and integration into the team.
- Validate each Project team members’ leave plan request, considering the project time plan and Action Against Hunger internal regulations
- Identify gaps and needs of team to provide training and coaching modules to right holders and provide ad hoc coaching and communicate training needs to Head of Project.
- Support the knowledge transfer within the FSL department in Gaza base and with West Bank base.
Reporting and Learning
- Reporting of field activities to the Head of Project (data entry, materials delivered, work achieved, beneficiaries’ attendance, obstacles and constraints) taking into consideration reporting requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators.
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly "Activity Progress Reports" (APRs) and submit to the Head of Project
- Participate in the preparation and collection of data for communication, advocacy and capitalization purposes (case studies, etc)
- Conduct the needed data collection in collaboration with MEAL department
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the capitalization process of the final products that are generated from the project: manuals, guides, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in Economics, Business Management and Social Sciences
- Knowledge of business creation and employability for youth, women and men
- Proven relevant field experience in livelihoods support and creation in the Gaza Strip in the last 5 years.
- Minimum 3 years of directly proven experience in implementing economic empowerment initiatives, including businesses support, focus on employability programs and internships for youth required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in providing technical expertise on private sector networking for job placements, market linkages, and business expansion strategies.
- Minimum 1 year in team management ideally with trainers and business coaches
- Knowledge in humanitarian/emergency and/or development programming required.
- Great planning and organization skills
- Problem solving skills, analytical thinking skills and ability to influence others.
- Team spirit and focused on improving team’s knowledge and perspective as well as capacity building.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English
- Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet (online training tools)
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
From 68,580 ILS to 81,204 ILS gross/ year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, Action Against Hunger covers food and transportation allowances for a fully worked month.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 04/11/2021.
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our website https://employ.acf-e.org/ In case you do not find the job advertisement published here, it means that the selection process has been closed.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.