ECJP Technical Writer/ كاتب تقني ضمن برنامج العدالة البيئية والمناخية
The Environmental and Climate Justice Programme in Palestine “ECJP” is a partnership between We Effect and the Palestinian Agricultural Institutions Coalition (PAIC), a coalition of six environment, climate and agricultural non-governmental organizations in Palestine; Agricultural Development Association (PARC), Palestinian Hydrology Group (PHG), Land Research Centre (LRC), MA’AN Development Centre, the Applied Research Institute – Jerusalem (ARIJ), and Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC). In addition to one technical partner organization: the Palestinian Environmental NGOs Network (PENGON).
The ECJP programme is funded by the Consulate General of Sweden in Jerusalem, via We Effect, and aims “to contribute to improving environmental and climate justice in Palestine”. The programme targets the most environmentally vulnerable areas/clusters in Palestine (Gaza, West Bank including Area C, Hebron District, East Jerusalem, and Jordan Valley). The programme applies a Gender Equality Perspective and a Rights-Based approach to ensure gender mainstreaming and to empower different actors to be able to influence policy and regulations, and to realize and defend their environmental rights towards achieving the environmental democracy by a bottom-up approach.
PAIC, through ARIJ, is looking for a Reporting Officer to develop, produce, and disseminate ECJP’s position through media and digital communication. ECJP’s Reporting Officer will work with all of PAIC members to create written communication and appropriate content in Arabic and English. ECJP’s Reporting Officer will be under the direct supervision of ECJP Technical Expert at ARIJ.
- To provide fast and efficient all-round reporting services to ECJP colleagues in all of PAIC members. (English and Arabic).
- To work with ECJP team across PAIC members to produce polished, high-quality reports, case studies, and shadow reports, successful case studies, technical reports, policy papers (in English and Arabic).
- Cooperating with legal expert to come up with efficient messages, reports, and case studies, based on the UN language and the UN resolutions.
- Assist in position papers, and official communication with all related stakeholders
- Implement other related tasks as requested by the ECJP Technical Expert at ARIJ and PENGON.
- Take a leading role or co-leading role in the following:
- Develop joint policy papers, position papers and/or briefs on environmental rights in cooperation with related project staff including the legal expert.
- Develop updates and drafts for changes in these frameworks, policies, and strategies
- Work with project-related staff to develop an integrated climate resiliency action plan.
- Develop lessons learnt reports from the implemented pilots and reports about other related innovative interventions in cooperation with project-related staff.
- Revise and improve the prepared case studies about Israeli actions against Palestinian Human Environmental rights in cooperation with project staff and the legal expert.
- Support the project technical staff in developing papers on the intersections between environment, climate change, biodiversity and ecosystems, gender equality, conflict, and HRBA.
- Support PAIC (the Coalition) in preparing position papers regarding the hot environmental tops, to be disseminated to the related stakeholders, in consultation with PENGO and the legal expert.
- Cooperate with the project’s technical coordinator for organizing his/her tasks and following up.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in journalism, languages, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a similar reporting role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop) is preferable.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writer, editor, and speaker in English and Arabic
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and social media platforms.
- Valid driving license and willingness to travel across West Bank on a regular basis.
- Previous knowledge or awareness in environment, agriculture, climate change, and/or natural resources in preferable.
Estimated start date: ASAP (with a three-month probation period)
Work will be based at ARIJ office in Bethlehem
In addition to CV, applicant should provide a sample of their published writing.
By e-mail to [email protected]