Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges - Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality - and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel is about to start the implementation of a new cooperation portfolio for Palestine. This program will on the one hand built on the successes of governmental cooperation over the past decade and on the other hand, also provide a response to the Palestinian and global challenges of this decade.
Belgian development cooperation has supported the Palestinian territories since 1993 - initially through delegated cooperation. Direct governmental cooperation was started in 1997 for an amount of 15 million euros and the fourth and provisionally last agreement (2011) evolved to 71.6 million euros (2012-2015). This program was extended in December 2020 with an additional budget of 10 million euros. The new portfolio is proposed for a period of 5 years (2022-2026). An indicative budget of 70 million euros is allocated for the new 2022-26 portfolio.
The new portfolio, which has the motto “Empowered youth in a green Palestine” will focus on 2 pillars: The first pillar focuses on the empowerment of youth based on a continuum between developing competencies, skills, access to employment and entrepreneurship, while the second pillar is dedicated to climate action, based on support to the development of an emerging green and circular economy with the view to contribute to a sustainable and inclusive Palestinian society, and reduce environmental hazards and dependency on non-renewable natural resources.
Enabel Palestine is seeking to recruit a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of “Expert in Contracting and Administration (ECA)”, who will help ensure adequate management of contractual processes (public procurement, Grant Agreements, Specific public-public cooperation agreements) and excellent service delivery to the interventions.
Under the supervision of the Resident Representative, you will:
1. Permanently ensure that used procedures and instruments are optimised to allow for efficient contract management.
a. Ensure the development of management mechanisms and instruments to address the needs of the programmes/interventions allowing to improve efficiency and effectiveness and risk management in the matter;
b. Develop and keep up to date databases (suppliers, contractors, service providers, etc.);
c. Develop and monitor the framework agreements in all relevant domains for the programmes;
d. Develop new tools and templates that can be easily incorporated and adapt them to the needs;
e. Analyse and formulate improvement proposals for organisational transparency and contract management (propose and develop adequate tools);
2. Ensure administrative management of the area of expertise to successfully complete the contracts (public contracts and other types of contracts, excluding HR management contracts).
a. Follow up and administer the contracts of programmes/interventions from the beginning to the end;
b. Ensure or support the writing of the legal and administrative component of the contracts;
c. Ensure follow up the dossiers with competent instances;
d. Ensure the contracts are processed, followed up, evaluated and reported on;
e. Ensure or support the elaboration of plans, such as the public procurement plan for the programme;
f. Ensure the necessary publication in appropriate publication channels;
g. Centralise and file all documents and information in an exhaustive and well-structured manner;
h. Perform or support the related administrative tasks (editing letters, filing, drawing up minutes…).
3. Ensure that the programmes/interventions respect the stipulations concerning planning, monitoring and reporting on different types of contracts in order to ensure that everything progresses following the rules.
a. Manage the contract registers;
b. Ensure that the programmes/interventions respect the stipulations concerning planning and reporting on public contracts and analyse the documents submitted by them;
c. Ensure that the periodic monitoring process functions for the overall portfolio of the important/critical dossiers as well as the analysis and the reporting to the Programme Coordinator and/or the Resident Representative;
d. Elaborate action plans and monitor their implementation;
e. Ensure follow up issues raised by project audits and audits of the Court of Audit as well as the implementation of resulting recommendations/actions;
f. Ensure monitoring of the evolving legal, regulatory and procedure framework for different types of contracts.
4. Ensure continuous capacity development of programme/interventions teams to ensure optimal management of the contract processes, based on up-to-date knowledge.
5. Use and expand one’s expertise of contracting to adequately advise the programmes/interventions.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications and experience
• You hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in public procurement and/or grants management.
• At least one contract management experience in an international context.
• Every experience in contract management in a developing country is an asset.
• Experience with (public procurement, grants...) contract systems and tools or administrative management
Required skills and knowledge
• Good knowledge of Belgian and/or European public procurement legislation and knowledge of grants.
• You show you are an initiative builder allowing your colleagues to count on your commitment to the team.
• You are able to work and evolve in a changing environment.
• You have strong values – integrity, transparency and accountability.
• You have a strong affinity with and easily use various digital tools and new technologies.
• You are fluent in spoken and written Arabic. Considering the working language of Palestine and the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required.
• You are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• An exciting job in an international environment.
• A contract for a term of 55 months based in Gaza.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 5), and benefits. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant recognised experience for the function.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you interested?
Apply here (link) at the latest by COB Thursday 2 June 2022, and include your application letter and your updated CV.
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.